Concerts

I think it's because when Blakkheim plays lead guitar then Sodomizer does backings, cause its hard to sing while playing lead.
And Blakkheim did screams in the gig in Cologne I'm pretty sure

Been to the concerts in Hamburg, Köln, Nijmegen and Amstelveen. I've had an awesome time travelling around, meeting some of my forum friends, enjoying the concerts. More detailed reports later.
In short: Katatonia is the best band ever, the setlist is a dream come true, the new guys seem to fit in well and I'm happy.
Cheers to Swany (so sorry to hear about your accident), Unicorn, Juniper (& your lovely little son!), Martijn (no, I didn't go to Belgium), Lisra and of course to Katatonia, thanks for being so great!! Looking forward to the gigs in April....

I thought the show in Amstelveen was superb!
No bad sound for me either (maybe because as always I stood in front of the stage, I like to see the sweatdrips on the foreheads ;)

And Jonas' vocals were amazing, sooo good!
Indeed the best I have heard him sing live.
It seems like he has way more control over his voice than in 2006.

Martijn you're talking about sloppiness? I'm not so technical so I wouldn't know...
I thought that Daniel was rocking!! I realized how much of an essential part the drums are for a lot of the songs. ( ok drums are essential all the time of course)

And about the replacements of Fred and Mattias...
First, I like the fact they both have a good head of hair :D
The bassplayer was cool and did his thing but what really surprised me was Sodomizer :D

I really like his backing vocals a lot, his stage presence is :headbang:
Instead of just filling up someones shoes I think he has made his own pair ;)

And it was so good to meet up with Martijn and Sabine again :) Raaf misses you Sabine!

We had talks about a new Katameeting this summer... I think I'll open a new thread about that one of these days...

I'm definitely a bit shy. :D

I'm interested in a Kata-Meeting too, if you guys would like me along.. since I'm now living in the area.

Oh, and I forgot to say, they played Tonight's Music in Nijmegen, which was the highlight for me.

Edit:
Also, Sodomizer with back problems? Fuuuck, I missed that... I could have done sth about that. -.-

just caught devin townsend. absolutely phenomenal. he covered his entire body of work. from ocean machine all the way up to addicted. 2 hour set. he seemed so happy to be touring again. amazing front man.

I bought the tickets for the gig of Megadeth at the beginning of june - celebrating 20 years from the release of ''Rust in peace'', as well as the ticket for the opening night at Pistoia Blues, with AnathemA and Porcupine Tree. Gonna be a very hot summer.

I bought the tickets for the gig of Megadeth at the beginning of june - celebrating 20 years from the release of ''Rust in peace'', as well as the ticket for the opening night at Pistoia Blues, with AnathemA and Porcupine Tree. Gonna be a very hot summer.

that's a crazy year for metal festival in italy

gods of metal, in torino, full of ...... bands

and pistoia blues full of metal

.......world's is gonna endo_O

we wait napalm death for end of july in sicily

3/12 - Alice in Chains - Atlantic City, NJ
3/13 - Alice in Chains - Upper Darby, PA
3/14 - Alice in Chains - Boston, MA

Megadeth/Testament/Exodus 3/18