Concerts

Oh and btw I'll see Katatonia tomorrow :D who without Fred and Mattias will be a little less familiar :(
See you tonight then! :)
I wanted to write something nice about the Cologne show, how much it surprised me and how great it was... but it's all overshadowed by the accident I had on my way back home. Due to a sudden snowstorm and black ice I lost control of my car on the motorway, crashed into the guarding rail, turned around myself and kept on slipping until a heap of snow stopped me... My newly (& expensively) repaired love of a car looks like shit, I hit my head on the steering wheel, got a shock in my neck (or how you call that) and was almost frightened to death...

But I'M SO FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING GLAD that this didn't turn out to be my very last Katatonia show ever and that I can go to see them again in April <3
Wow, I'm sorry to hear Swany. I'm lucky to never have had a car accident, but I can only imagine what it does to you, mentally and physically. Glad to hear you're OK and the show was good! I'm looking forward to see them tonight :)

Whoa, thanks bunches for your concern guys & girl =) I still have a headache, but my neck's doing better.

@Lisra: Cool to hear that you liked it so much and met Cis! We were wondering if she'd probably meet anyone from the forum there~

@Martijn: Hope you're having a great time right now!! *laughs*

Ah well, it was sooo good to see them live after all those years (even though some annoying pillar limited the view on stage quite a bit...) and the setlist was so surprising... at some points I thought "Yeah sure, stop joking. No way they're gonna play... EH?!!" Who would have thought to ever get certain songs live.
I'm really curious for the other show(s) I plan to attend... seeing the various setlists it's kind of become a collectible? Go to as many Kata shows as possible and get every song played on this tour! :D
Not that their shows aren't addictive enough already...

Alice in Chains tonight
Haha, how many times have you seen them now? Wish I could see them as often.
@Martijn: Hope you're having a great time right now!! *laughs*
Had an excellent time, met Sabine and Patty, was fun catching up with them. Met some other cool folks I hadn't seen in a while too.

First up was Long Distance Calling, excellent show, really enjoyed it. I'm gonna need to dig a little deeper into them. Swallow the Sun was good, but I'm just not that much into them, they fail to grab me somehow.

Then Katatonia, to be honest it was not the best Kata-show I ever saw, the sound wasn't as good as it could be and also there were some slopinesses (?) in the playing. It just didn't sound as tight and solid. I loved some of the songs they played though (Dispossession!) and generally had an excellent time.

Yesterday was AWESOME!! i stood in front the whole time and it was great!
I have to agree on martijn with every single thing he said.
The sound indeed could have been better.. it simply just wasn't their best show.
but i enjoyed it a lot anyhow ^^

My inner therapist feels the need to add:
If your neck problems continue, visit a physiotherapist.

I NEED ONE BADLY!!1

Then Katatonia, to be honest it was not the best Kata-show I ever saw, the sound wasn't as good as it could be and also there were some slopinesses (?) in the playing. It just didn't sound as tight and solid. I loved some of the songs they played though (Dispossession!) and generally had an excellent time.

You're so lucky to have a basis of comparison from previous shows. I've only seen them on Youtube and the sound is never as good as it could be there! Considering that they're working in two new guys and playing a ton of new songs, I'm not terribly shocked if they're still a bit off occasionally.

Speaking of Youtubes, am I hallucinating or is Sodomizer singing some backing vocals? He seems to have a nice voice, if so.

(Incidentally, if that question mark indicates a genuine question, that should be "was some sloppiness" - no plural. /grammar lesson :saint:)

Did you and Nymphx meet up?

that was my 10th show.

At least you get to see the Kata-guys more frequent where you are though
Not as often as you've seen AIC ;)
You're so lucky to have a basis of comparison from previous shows. I've only seen them on Youtube and the sound is never as good as it could be there! Considering that they're working in two new guys and playing a ton of new songs, I'm not terribly shocked if they're still a bit off occasionally.

Speaking of Youtubes, am I hallucinating or is Sodomizer singing some backing vocals? He seems to have a nice voice, if so.

(Incidentally, if that question mark indicates a genuine question, that should be "was some sloppiness" - no plural. /grammar lesson :saint:)
Surely I understand that the new line-up is not going to be as tight as the old line-up that's been playing together for many years, so I can't blame them ;)

And thanks, it was a genuine question indeed!
Did you and Nymphx meet up?
I think I saw her, but I didn't get to talk to her, next time nymphx! ;)

I think I saw her, but I didn't get to talk to her, next time nymphx! ;)

I actually met MadTinus and Nymphx... :) As well as Ronnie (FOH engineer of Katatonia, whom I knew from the 2004 shows), Mr. Sodomizer, George (of Orphanage, who was there with MadTinus), Remko (of Textures), the guys from Swallow the Sun... etc.

I was at the show on Friday as well, and Saturday's show was way better. The sound in front of the stage was way better than in the back of the venue. I really enjoyed the show. Great stuff!!

Can't wait for the Insomnium / Ghost Brigade tour now. It's hopefully as good as the Katatonia show.

I actually met MadTinus and Nymphx... :) As well as Ronnie (FOH engineer of Katatonia, whom I knew from the 2004 shows), Mr. Sodomizer, George (of Orphanage, who was there with MadTinus), Remko (of Textures), the guys from Swallow the Sun... etc.

I was at the show on Friday as well, and Saturday's show was way better. The sound in front of the stage was way better than in the back of the venue. I really enjoyed the show. Great stuff!!

Can't wait for the Insomnium / Ghost Brigade tour now. It's hopefully as good as the Katatonia show.
Yeah, was nice meeting up again Erik :)
Wait so are they using a click track for electronics or what?
It did seem as if Daniel had an in-ear monitor on his head.

Biebob show was very awesome ! I don't regret to have done 2x3h of road for it, even if the Katz didn't play Omerta :cry: and even if Anders didn't scream on July or Ghost of the sun :) But I arrived too late for Long Distance Calling :/