Concerts

I'm going to the Opeth screening/signing thing in November, which is "sort of" a gig I suppose. Then I'm seeing Motorhead/Saxon and then Opeth/Cynic in November also, and hopefully Napalm Death as well. I'm also seeing The Prodigy in December.

That's it for the rest of this year, unless anything killer gets announced suddenly. I've had a pretty good year though, what with Opeth, Morbid Angel, Nile and Nocturnus so it's pretty peachy :loco:

London is so unreal when it comes to live shows. Hail of Bullets apparently played in Camden last weekend and I had no idea. :mad:

I picked up my ticket for the Opeth screening the other day, I am really excited.

London is so unreal when it comes to live shows. Hail of Bullets apparently played in Camden last weekend and I had no idea. :mad:

I picked up my ticket for the Opeth screening the other day, I am really excited.

Hail of Bullets was the same night as when I saw Nocturnus, they organised the timing of both gigs so that if people wanted to see both, they'd make sure Nocturnus finished in time for people to go down the road to catch Hail of Bullets. I had to go home but I would have been interested, seeing as they have ex members of Pestilence (i think)

I'm going to the Opeth screening/signing thing in November, which is "sort of" a gig I suppose. Then I'm seeing Motorhead/Saxon and then Opeth/Cynic in November also, and hopefully Napalm Death as well. I'm also seeing The Prodigy in December.

That's it for the rest of this year, unless anything killer gets announced suddenly. I've had a pretty good year though, what with Opeth, Morbid Angel, Nile and Nocturnus so it's pretty peachy :loco:

wow real good year!!

This year I saw Krisiun, Vital Remains, Megadeth, Testament, NIN, Dream Theater (second time) and will see Carcass next weekend! thats it for the year for me, Exodus is coming to Venezuela in December but Im totally out of cash already, almost all those shows mean travelling which means money. And Belphegor is almost confirmed to mi city, if its in my own city Ill most likely go

Metallica are playing in NL on March the 30th (day after my birthday) in Ahoy, Rotterdam, which is a relatively small place for Metallica (about 10.000 ppl). I'd love to go there, ticketsale starts this Saturday 10 AM, it will sell out in a matter of minutes, so I'm afraid I won't be able to get tickets..
As expected, didn't get through and it's sold out now... Ah well..

As expected, didn't get through and it's sold out now... Ah well..

Real shame there!! next time

tonight anathema headline showwwww!!!!!!

I so envy you! come and tell how that went out!! Anathema once published they were coming to my country a cuople years ago, but no company decided to book them so they never came, its a real shame, one of my favorite bands

it was amazing! i'm so happy to was been there... setlist was:
Deep, Closer, Far Away, Angels Walk Among Us, A Simple Mistake, Anyone Anywhere, Empty, Judgement/Panic, Shroud of False, Lost Control, Regret, Hope, Temporary Peace, Flying, Are You There, One Last Goodbye, Angelica, A Dying Wish (with another brick in the wall in the middle of the song), Hindsight, Fragile Dreams.

they were really welcome in milan ...a concert full of emotional music..ended with me drinking some beers and scream Patatonia with my full forces muahahah

it was amazing! i'm so happy to was been there... setlist was:
Deep, Closer, Far Away, Angels Walk Among Us, A Simple Mistake, Anyone Anywhere, Empty, Judgement/Panic, Shroud of False, Lost Control, Regret, Hope, Temporary Peace, Flying, Are You There, One Last Goodbye, Angelica, A Dying Wish (with another brick in the wall in the middle of the song), Hindsight, Fragile Dreams.

they were really welcome in milan ...a concert full of emotional music..ended with me drinking some beers and scream Patatonia with my full forces muahahah

wow what an excellent setlist!! I didnt get the Patatonia part but not because of your english, i just didnt get it lol

Hail of Bullets was the same night as when I saw Nocturnus, they organised the timing of both gigs so that if people wanted to see both, they'd make sure Nocturnus finished in time for people to go down the road to catch Hail of Bullets. I had to go home but I would have been interested, seeing as they have ex members of Pestilence (i think)

That seems like a really cool idea. I am not very familiar with Nocturnus, I'll have to check them out. And yes they have van Drunen on vocals which is why I like their album so much.

Looking at that Anathema setlist I'll have to go for sure. I really want to hear "One Last Goodbye" live. They didn't play it at the Unholy Trinity show.

ah the part about patatonia it's hard to understand if you dodn't know italian..i was in a pub and i want some chips(that in italian are called patatine) and i've still ask to my friend that was the dj of the pub if he can put some katatonia songs...but i can't 'cuz this place was going to close and they have ended all chips so i was going to be drunk and i've wrongly mixed this two words (katatonia and patatine..so patatonia)

This autumn is pretty good concerning concerts.

On the list so far:

Efterklang (awesome on stage, can't really get into their albums); Anathema, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost (the legendary unholy trinity anniversary gig); Audrey Horne (they rock!!), Enslaved; Anathema again, Saybia (unfortunately not as good as last time); Poison Black, Dark Tranquillity (they do deserve something better than a venue like Kato); In Flames, Gojira, Sonic Syndicate (only 'cause I got in for free, but actually, it was quite good fun hehe)
... and still, there are a couple of concerts to look forward to :)

Only Katatonia is missing, they are in fact NOT on top of my most- concerts- within- a- year- list and that is a shame!!! Hope they'll be back on #1 in 2009 'cause that's where they belong!
I shouldn't complain though, I'm probably a lot luckier concert- wise than some of you people from the end of the world...

By the way, Anathema were truly amazing, playing 2h 10 min is already impressive in itself. Best moments were the singalong interactions with the audience in Flying and One Last Goodbye, when the crowd sang in perfect harmony with Vinnie, particularily the „still feel the pain“ echoeing back from the fans to the band was ultimate goose bumps! It really felt like we were all part of the music, more than just spectators from the outside with the simple task to clap hands and drink beer....
Actually, I would love some more crowd singing parts for the next Kata- gig as well but maybe they aren't really that kind of a band. Well, at least we get to do the Fucking Lie, which is always very cool :)

I went to see Textures today, really good gig!

And yes, that Anathema setlist looks great, damn long too. They played for what, 3 hours or something..?

has cis has says they have played for 2 hours and 10 minutes ...im milano they were proud about the welcome that we give them and they have played a dying wish that wasn't in the setlist as present for the audiance!!!:oops:

i've seen textures in brutal assault this year... they are quite good live!

Had to be THE best I've ever seen Anathema play...they're fucking amazing these days.

Ok this was the setlist, the order is pretty close but may not be exact:

They walked out to Parisienne Moonlight, then:

Deep
Closer
Empty
Anyone, Anywhere
Judgement
Panic
Hope
Inner Silence
Regret
Lost Control
Far Away
Angels Walk Among Us
Everything
Temporary Peace (only Danny and Vinnie...Danny on piano and Vinnie on acoustic)
One Last Goodbye (Danny and Vinnie again)
Flying (only Danny on acoustic)
Angelica
New Song (untitled instrumental...was very nice tho!)
Sleepless
Fragile Dreams
Comfortably Numb

now there's a setlist i'd love to see.

This autumn is pretty good concerning concerts.

On the list so far:

Efterklang (awesome on stage, can't really get into their albums); Anathema, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost (the legendary unholy trinity anniversary gig); Audrey Horne (they rock!!), Enslaved; Anathema again, Saybia (unfortunately not as good as last time); Poison Black, Dark Tranquillity (they do deserve something better than a venue like Kato); In Flames, Gojira, Sonic Syndicate (only 'cause I got in for free, but actually, it was quite good fun hehe)
... and still, there are a couple of concerts to look forward to :)

Only Katatonia is missing, they are in fact NOT on top of my most- concerts- within- a- year- list and that is a shame!!! Hope they'll be back on #1 in 2009 'cause that's where they belong!
I shouldn't complain though, I'm probably a lot luckier concert- wise than some of you people from the end of the world...

By the way, Anathema were truly amazing, playing 2h 10 min is already impressive in itself. Best moments were the singalong interactions with the audience in Flying and One Last Goodbye, when the crowd sang in perfect harmony with Vinnie, particularily the „still feel the pain“ echoeing back from the fans to the band was ultimate goose bumps! It really felt like we were all part of the music, more than just spectators from the outside with the simple task to clap hands and drink beer....
Actually, I would love some more crowd singing parts for the next Kata- gig as well but maybe they aren't really that kind of a band. Well, at least we get to do the Fucking Lie, which is always very cool :)
When/where did you see Audrey Horne? I just read the announcement of their European tour with Enslaved (bit of a strange combo when it comes to music style, but practical when it comes to space on the nightliner I guess ;)) which is still to begin. Hope I can catch them, I love Audrey Horne.

And where did you see the Anathema/Paradise Lost/My Dying Bride gig, since there were only 2? You drove all the way to Paris? Or took a cheap flight to London? Must've been really awesome!

Audrey Horne played in Berlin together with some label mates on the Popkomm (a music fair/ business meeting/ festival thing) a couple of weeks ago. It was a rather short set, most bands played only about 45 min I think, nonetheless they managed to convince pretty much everyone who was around. Great musicians, very energetic and cool live performance, hope you'll get to see them too! I didn't know they're coming back with Enslaved, where did you find that info? I saw Enslaved will be in Berlin again in december, no support announced yet but if it's Audrey I'll surely be there again :headbang:
And yes, you're right, I took a cheap flight to London (25 Euros altoghether, ha!). The Unholy Trinity concert was indeed awesome, MDB played one of their best shows ever, Anathema did a very good job as well, and Paradise Lost... well, I prefer their early days but it's still nice to see them. Besides the concert I also enjoyed Camille's supersweet hospitality, even our Melloboat- friends Mike and Alex came over to say hi, so I did have a great weekend, most definitely!!

Audrey Horne played in Berlin together with some label mates on the Popkomm (a music fair/ business meeting/ festival thing) a couple of weeks ago. It was a rather short set, most bands played only about 45 min I think, nonetheless they managed to convince pretty much everyone who was around. Great musicians, very energetic and cool live performance, hope you'll get to see them too! I didn't know they're coming back with Enslaved, where did you find that info? I saw Enslaved will be in Berlin again in december, no support announced yet but if it's Audrey I'll surely be there again :headbang:
Cool! I just looked up the Audrey Horne MySpace bulletin again and they play @ Kato, Berlin on December 9th with Enslaved, so get your ass over there :)
And yes, you're right, I took a cheap flight to London (25 Euros altoghether, ha!). The Unholy Trinity concert was indeed awesome, MDB played one of their best shows ever, Anathema did a very good job as well, and Paradise Lost... well, I prefer their early days but it's still nice to see them. Besides the concert I also enjoyed Camille's supersweet hospitality, even our Melloboat- friends Mike and Alex came over to say hi, so I did have a great weekend, most definitely!!
What a great idea, I would've loved to have been there, why didn't they just do a tour with this awesome package.. And yes, I have to agree that Paradise Lost are not the best live band anymore, and that's mostly because of Nick Holmes' "why the fuck am I even on this stage" attitude..

Ah well, you can't go to all the great gigs that are there.. I saw some pretty sweet ones as well recently and there's some really cool ones in the pipeline as well *Tinus tries to comfort himself*.