• yes

Votes: 63 69.2%
  • no

Votes: 28 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danallica said:
I am against drugs of all sorts, except alchole and tobacco. I think they cause to much problems, plus dope is viewed as a gateway drug - i cant see it doing any good in our society, thats why im against it. Its not because i am against freedom of expression and all that stuff that you yanks love to go on about but, well, 'drugs are bad, mkay'

.....just trying to shed some light on what we all deem as either 'acceptable' or 'non-acceptable'. Cigarettes and Cigars, Brandy and Vodka.....all are regulated by the state as acceptable controlled substancse. Yet we seem to begrudge the poor cannabis plant and label it as being the evil weed. Funny how our marketing gurus have turned alcohol and tobacco into products that are seen as acceptable for use during socialization.....almost viewed as being a part of our national fabric and as cultural institutions. Yet whenever someone mentions the word.....marijuana.....the worst is thought. Yet billions of dollars are spent marketing Budweiser on TV and in magazines.

It's funny, in the Victorian era, Opium houses were the havens of the rich and famous. Heads of State, Kings & Queens, Captains of Business & Industry all visited these facilities to socialize, facilitate trade, and to strengthen national and international relationships. Even Queen Victoria use to take a drag or two during her periods to ease the cramping. And of course.....hemp was widely used in the textile industry.

So it just seems that.....we allow one type of 'high' over another. And essentially, that's what alcohol and tobacco are used for. To relax and unwind. Some overdo it.....and want to take it to the extreme. But in essence.....all these products are used to relax and take the edge off.

To say that marijuana is a gateway to harder drugs is like saying that drinking beer leads to excess whiskey consumption. Or that playing Texas Poker leads to gambling addictions. I think that's a convenient way to blame the product and not the root cause of the problems.....the individual. Because no one wants to take responsibility for themselves anymore. And it's easier to pass the buck.

Vital Remains said:
i think if we legalize it we will save tax dollars on the retarded fucks who get busted and put in jail. Its a totally useless drug though. All it does is make you less aware so people can take advantage of you or rip you off easier. Ive seen it time after time.

My thought is that many people will be doomed regardless of what is legal or not. I cannot save them; in fact, it is not right to save them. Let nature heal us all.

Marijuana is one of the few drugs which I have seen that has mostly positive associations. You can screw up on it, but you can screw up by overeating as well. I would rather see people getting high than drunk in many cases, but I respect the desire of some to never come into contact with marijuana at all or see it used.

infoterror said:
My thought is that many people will be doomed regardless of what is legal or not. I cannot save them; in fact, it is not right to save them. Let nature heal us all.

Marijuana is one of the few drugs which I have seen that has mostly positive associations. You can screw up on it, but you can screw up by overeating as well. I would rather see people getting high than drunk in many cases, but I respect the desire of some to never come into contact with marijuana at all or see it used.

Hard not to agree with these comments. I prefer drunkenness however; much more exciting and interesting things happen when one is drunk--which proves your point, but if I want to lose myself and escape the grim reality of the world, I really prefer alcohol to do it.

YOU TOTALLY HAVE TO READ THIS!!!!!!

Information on site: www.freedomdomain.com/freemasons (scroll down quite a long way).

"Hemp/Cannibis Marijuana was outlawed directly by the Freemasons in this country [USA] and internationally for the sole purpose of creating synthetic petrochemical and pharmaceutical alternatives that they could sell through multinational corporations they control, at highly inflated prices. Back in the 1930s Dupont had a patent on a synthetic chemical compound that breaks down wood pulp for making paper from trees. You didn't need to cut down trees to make paper because for thousands of years virtually all known paper was made from Hemp and it can be produced at a quarter of the cost, one fifth of the pollution it's 10 times stronger and lasts 10 times longer.

Even the Founding Father Masons knew this. The Declaration of Independence was printed on Hemp paper as well as the Constitution. The Flag sewn by Betsy Ross was made out of Hemp and so were the covered wagons of the early settlers. Canvas is Dutch for Cannibis.

BUT when the FREEMASONS find it in their interests to get rid of something for profit and power, it doesn't matter if GOD put it there, it won't get in the way of business as usual for the FREEMASONS. Cannibis seed oil is a machine-grade lubricant which is natural and NON PETROLEUM based. It is also FREE and doesn't need to be DRILLED OUT OF THE EARTH with expensive polluting machinery."

"COTTON could never in it's wildest fantasies compete with HEMP."
Hemp is "26 times stronger and lasts 10 times longer than cotton. There are NO chemicals needed to produce Hemp."
"Hemp has no natural enemies except the government and you need pesticides to grow cotton."
"The first Levi jeans were made out of Hemp".

Norsemaiden said:

Information on site: www.freedomdomain.com/freemasons (scroll down quite a long way).

"Hemp/Cannibis Marijuana was outlawed directly by the Freemasons in this country [USA] and internationally for the sole purpose of creating synthetic petrochemical and pharmaceutical alternatives that they could sell through multinational corporations they control, at highly inflated prices. Back in the 1930s Dupont had a patent on a synthetic chemical compound that breaks down wood pulp for making paper from trees. You didn't need to cut down trees to make paper because for thousands of years virtually all known paper was made from Hemp and it can be produced at a quarter of the cost, one fifth of the pollution it's 10 times stronger and lasts 10 times longer.

Even the Founding Father Masons knew this. The Declaration of Independence was printed on Hemp paper as well as the Constitution. The Flag sewn by Betsy Ross was made out of Hemp and so were the covered wagons of the early settlers. Canvas is Dutch for Cannibis.

BUT when the FREEMASONS find it in their interests to get rid of something for profit and power, it doesn't matter if GOD put it there, it won't get in the way of business as usual for the FREEMASONS. Cannibis seed oil is a machine-grade lubricant which is natural and NON PETROLEUM based. It is also FREE and doesn't need to be DRILLED OUT OF THE EARTH with expensive polluting machinery."

Hemp is "26 times stronger and lasts 10 times longer than cotton. There are NO chemicals needed to produce Hemp."
"Hemp has no natural enemies except the government and you need pesticides to grow cotton."

A similar situation occurs with regard to electric cars.

Cotton farming was a major cause of the slave trade into the US as well, so that could have been avoided if hemp had been used instead, being far less labour intensive. The Freemasons had their own reasons for wanting a lot of Africans imported into the US.

i like these;
Norsemaiden said:

Fucking hypocrites! the document that explains their structure of government is written on an illegal substance!

but then again, the very party that holds the majority in almost every branch of the US government happens to be the party has bypassed and disregarded both the constitution and the bill of rights.

machine quality? So - quality enough for motor oil!?

Final_Product said:
A similar situation occurs with regard to electric cars.

you mean hydrogen vehicles?

Has anyone seen that episode of futureama where the earth heats up because of all the robots running off original outdated technology? And to solve the problem, not upgrading the robots, they use exhaust blast to thrust earth farther from the sun.

fantastic symbolism! fits the story of the automobile.

judas69 said:
Actually, the ban has more to do with the plastics industry, than cotton.

please explain...

Yes Hemp is good enough for motor oil.

Regarding plastic here's a quote from Lamott Dupont (president of Dupont) in the 1930s: "synthetic plastics find application in fabricating a wide variety of articles, many of which in the past were made from natural products".

The link doesn't work, so I'll ask... What proves that it was freemasons and not just normal, not as mystical society of "rich, greedy and white motherfuckers"? Of course these two groups overlap a lot, but I was just wondering if there is a plausible explanation with tying the masons into that evil plot, or is it done just because it makes it sound more cool? People tend to blame secret societies for everything, when the real culprit could be much closer to home.

Voice of God said:
The link doesn't work, so I'll ask... What proves that it was freemasons and not just normal, not as mystical society of "rich, greedy and white motherfuckers"? Of course these two groups overlap a lot, but I was just wondering if there is a plausible explanation with tying the masons into that evil plot, or is it done just because it makes it sound more cool? People tend to blame secret societies for everything, when the real culprit could be much closer to home.

their making money (a shit load), what more needs to be said?

Liverslapper said:
mmm, well there are legal ways for marijuana, ever tried Purple Saliva?

what a trip!

i hope people find legal ways of getting a high, me its heavy metal \m/

as a matter of fact, yea (30x). and it fucking sucks. lasts about 2 seconds.

metal is a dopamine release for me, but, dopamine is no match for dope (herb not narcotics).

I'm a die-hard Libertarian, and here's what we have to say on the issue of drugs:

"Drug prohibition does more to make Americans unsafe than any other factor. Just as alcohol prohibition gave us Al Capone and the mafia, drug prohibition has given us the Crips, the Bloods and drive-by shootings. Consider the historical evidence: America's murder rate rose nearly 70% during alcohol prohibition, but returned to its previous levels after prohibition ended. Now, since the War on Drugs began, America's murder rates have doubled. The cause/effect relationship is clear. Prohibition is putting innocent lives at risk.

What's more, drug prohibition also inflates the cost of drugs, leading users to steal to support their high priced habits. It is estimated that drug addicts commit 25% of all auto thefts, 40% of robberies and assaults, and 50% of burglaries and larcenies. Prohibition puts your property at risk. Finally, nearly one half of all police resources are devoted to stopping drug trafficking, instead of preventing violent crime. The bottom line? By ending drug prohibition Libertarians would double the resources available for crime prevention, and significantly reduce the number of violent criminals at work in your neighborhood."

Taken from the National Libertarian Party website.
http://www.lp.org/issues/lp-oss.shtml

Kenneth R. said:
True but it is a result of a society incapable of responsible judgment.

Sorry for bringing this comment up from the first page but it actually made me laugh out loud....
it is reminiscent of the ideals of the "Ludovico treatment" :ill:

if tobacco (as this comment was referring to) and pot was banned it *may* be the "moral" choice, but it takes away from what being a human is... the option of choice.

Therefore my vote for legalisation is yes! If people want to relax by using marijuana, which is light compared to the poisons of today, go ahead and fucking do it!

I personally don't have a problem with people using the drug as long as

1. they are not an idiot to start with
2. and obvioulsy in moderation therefore to gain the "benefits" without any of the nasties

Hope that made sense, if not, just ignore!! :)

Sorry if this gets a bit off-topic...

By Design said:
their making money (a shit load), what more needs to be said?

Well, for instance why would they need an elaborate secret society to make the money, when they can very well do it without one? Is there significant evidence that points this theory directly to masons and not just to "rich white men"?

There's masons, there's evil rich scumbags, and some are both, but what's the reasoning that the hemp-plot is deviced exclusively by masons and not just some normal evil rich scumbags? Is there actual evidence of this being a masonic plot? Conspiracy theories are fun and all, but I think people who come up with these theories about masons and templars and what not, just undermine their own credibility in the eyes of the public by the way the present the theories. They're blinded by their search for the evil masterminds who control everything. When they see something done that profits evil rich scumbags, they immediately go "masons!" or "illuminati!" or "jews!" or whatever their conspiracy of choice is. There's a a big difference going "Masons outlawed hemp!" vs. "Hemp was outlawed by scheming politicians and corporations." Latter is much sounds less insane, if there is no real hardcore evidence for it being a masonic plot for masonic purposes. Even if the first one would be true, the latter is much better way to put it if one wants any credibility for his claim. Sorry if I'm ranting, I just get irritated because of this as some of the "conspiracy nut" investigation I've seen has been quite good, but then undermined totally by the style they're presented. This world isn't run by ultimate mystical conspiracy with arcane objectives, it's run by assholes with friends. It's like going "witch! witch!" when the girl's just violently schizophrenic.

Norsemaiden said:

I think Voice of God sort of hit upon this but I'll say it anyway.

It is highly doubtful the masons had any plot or plan in regards to keeping hemp off the market--or anything for that matter. By inference however, the masons are a group of very powerful and well connected men--who join such a group, to further their own connections. Hence, if some masons desired to make more money by prohibiting hemp or anything else, they probably used their masonic connections to do so. This is the real evil, or problem you are fighting. The masons by themselves are negilble; its the connection and networking laid out in such groups, that causes such things to happen.

I have a hard time believing all of these hemp "superplant" theories. Yeah, you can make clothes and paper out of it I suppose, but some of the stuff I've seen is ridiculous. Some of these people would have you believe we could build a spaceship out of hemp or something. I haven't seen any credible, scientific sources that are so gung-ho about hemp.

Status
Not open for further replies.