contraversial musical opinions

You're going through a backlash phase against the "verse-chorus-verse-chorus" stigma that you've just been introduced to, as if complexity cannot be showcased through such a formula. You'll get over it. In the meantime, shut the fuck up.

QFT. The tools are secondary to the product they create. If you ultimately decide you dislike Death, it won't be because this traditional structure merely exists in their music. It will be because you conclude that they're not using it effectively or memorably.

what the hell are you talking about? there are a shitload of bands with better songwriting than the predictable verse-chorus-verse-chorus-verse that nearly every death song is. Morbid angel, atheist, gorguts, immolation, suffocation, even bands like deeds of flesh have more unique and superior songwriting.

No those bands dont get even close. suffoction does verse-chorus-verse-chorus. Gorguts, as good as they are dont even come close to the emotion in death's music. Morbid Angel, again a good band but dont have the same emotion as death.

Nothing really comes close to death's songwriting period.

the thing about this whole argument is that I know that chuck had the capability to write far FAR more creative songs

his only 2 songs that were not in verse-chorus-verse form were absolutely BRILLIANT - voice of the soul and cosmic sea. Especially voice of the soul which is one of the best instrumentals ever

what the hell are you talking about? there are a shitload of bands with better songwriting than the predictable verse-chorus-verse-chorus-verse that nearly every death song is. Morbid angel, atheist, gorguts, immolation, suffocation, even bands like deeds of flesh have more unique and superior songwriting.

:loco:

1º)No way.
2º)Death doesn't have a similar sound
3º)Any death's song were, so far, much better than any DoF stuff (it's cuz i don't like to compare... imagine if i liked to)

dumbass,that stuff is incredible, like necrophagist

Hmm, I never really thought on that one - I'll narrow my statement, as I happen to be quite a Necrophagist fan...

What it actually was, was a result of massive frustration at my guitarist's relentlessly dull compositions which he demands to use in our band. But anyway...

@ hibernal dream - Yes! Though since about 2005 he really has been going through the shit, I wonder what the hell is going on?