contraversial musical opinions

An opinion that challenges fact is nothing more than a joke. I can THINK the sky is ocher, that may be my opinion and I could fight it tooth and nail but that doesn't make it any less of a joke.

There is a difference between a hard fact, proven by common sense, and a not-so-concrete fact such as what defines a musical genre, which is form by collective opinions rather than scientific proof. Now I know that many musical genres are easier to define than others, and black metal is not one of them, so defining who belongs under that genre comes down to the individual's opinion on what the qualifications are.

There is a difference between a hard fact, proven by common sense, and a not-so-concrete fact such as what defines a musical genre, which is form by collective opinions rather than scientific proof. Now I know that many musical genres are easier to define than others, and black metal is not one of them, so defining who belongs under that genre comes down to the individual's opinion on what the qualifications are.

No, it actually really doesn't. Music genres are defined by musical characteristics, and the fact is that Dimmu no longer has the characteristics to be called black metal - they fall in line much closer to Gothic metal nowadays.

I got a lot of these:

Black Sabbath is one of the most overrated bands in metal
I hate Led Zeppelin
I don't like Dio's vocals
I can't get into most NWOBHM
I disliked those multiple voice vocal harmonies that power metal bands always use, particularly during choruses
I don't like Megadeth
I don't like WASP
Mercyful Fate and King Diamond are not black metal
I like a good amount of brutal death and melodeath
German thrash > Bay Area Thrash
NYDM > Florida dm
European dm > American dm
I hate lyrics about girls/sex/relationships

fuck you

I find Dream Theatre cheesy and terrible.
I don't like power metal.
I don't like Steve Vai or Yngwie Malmsteen
I don't like brutal death metal.
Besides some early US death metal generally find US death metal terrible.

I find Dream Theatre cheesy and terrible.
I don't like power metal.
I don't like Steve Vai or Yngwie Malmsteen
I don't like brutal death metal.
Besides some early US death metal generally find US death metal terrible.
1. Talented but LaBrie is annoying as shit.
1. Agreed.
2. No skin off of my sack...at least admit Vai's talented
3. Agreed again.
4. Depends.

I like dream theatre, opeth, and all those "wank" prog metal bands.

meshuggah is badass, and hardly anyone comprehends their "math"

metalheads are in general narrowminded

metal isn't the greatest genre of music

there is nothing wrong with selling out necessairily

blast beats get boring

also:

-musical elitism is retarded
-new Death is better than old Death (especially TSOP)
-Warrel Dane's voice is atrocious
-John Petrucci's solo album is one of the top 5 records of the last two years
-Cynic is overrated

American Death Metal is the best kind of death metal.
Emperor's Anthems To The Welkins At Dusk is black metal, I don't see why people continue to say it's not.

I'm not really interested in someone named satch who plays beautiful song!

oh.... heard him and don't like!

Wow your sad if you don't even like Satch lol jk ... anyways I like all types of guitar playing from slow and simple ala Gilmour and Clapton to fast playing ala Vai/Satriani/Rhoads and everything in between. I used to be narrow minded when I was younger and as I got older I got more open minded and appreciate alot more things.

Wow your sad if you don't even like Satch lol jk ... anyways I like all types of guitar playing from slow and simple ala Gilmour and Clapton to fast playing ala Vai/Satriani/Rhoads and everything in between. I used to be narrow minded when I was younger and as I got older I got more open minded and appreciate alot more things.

satch plays with tremendous emotion as well, get the album "beautiful guitar". filled with great ballads