Controversial opinions on metal

I never understood the Domination hate, the low end. fuck

I noticed people complain that it's slower,sludgy, or overly groove oriented. I've never listened to DM or most music because it's fast. I listen to it because low end,groove,heaviness,atmosphere. total rythmic as fuck.

I dont think Domination is bad but to me its just not as good as the competition.

I agree on your points about groove. I love death metal bands who can properly incorporate groove. I think it makes for much more interesting music rather than just going for speed.

What the fuck is wrong with slow groove people? Sure, i fucking love ultra fast metal too, but sometimes i just want slower, rythm-based sluggish metal, like Black Label Society, Asphyx, Crowbar and some Meshuggah.

<3 :fellatio:

Deicide's first two albums are great. Cannibal Corpse's early stuff isn't bad either.

Deicide's first two or three are fucking essential anything beyond that really doesn't do it for me. Both CC and Deicide have basically released the same exact record over and over again for years. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of both bands, it's just their music sometimes is just boring. They've both had their fair share of great records so I can't really hate on them too much.

I never understood the Domination hate, the low end. fuck

I noticed people complain that it's slower,sludgy, or overly groove oriented. I've never listened to DM or most music because it's fast. I listen to it because low end,groove,heaviness,atmosphere. total rythmic as fuck.

When I first heard it I was like "This is just.....bad." The vocal performance kills it big time for me. The music itself isn't bad, theres just some cheesey/cringe moments on it.

Deicide's first two or three are fucking essential anything beyond that really doesn't do it for me. Both CC and Deicide have basically released the same exact record over and over again for years. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of both bands, it's just their music sometimes is just boring. They've both had their fair share of great records so I can't really hate on them too much.

Basically agree. I like most of those bands albums but CC has been essentially making the same sounding album since Vile. Deicide had a bit of a shift with the exit of the Hoffman bros.

The Stench of Redemption is a great Deicide album.

I couldn't care less about drum sound: drums are there to keep time and shade the edges of rhythm, there's absolutely no reason for them to be "interesting."

I'm gonna slap a 4/4 AC/DC drum beat over top of the whole Blessed are the Sick album and see if you still hold that opinion.

Fuck you guy. Southern sludge is supposed to be slow trudging and nasty and accomplishes it just fine. When it mixes with bluegrass and other americana type stuff it just makes me happy. It's probably a demographic thing though.

Rwake's first demo, Xenoglossalgia, is one of the stranger things I've ever heard, since you mentioned them.

I'm as big on sludge as anyone and just dont like Soilent Green. Bleh.

Mastodon is still good, their sound just took a massive turn... I'm going to steal this from someone else and say I liked them best when it sounded like they were trying to break their instruments.

Hey sap if you like the southern stuff you should really check out Haarp - The Filth.

I'm gonna slap a 4/4 AC/DC drum beat over top of the whole Blessed are the Sick album and see if you still hold that opinion.

That would fail to keep time, and hence, suck. Drums in metal need only not be intrusively bad: they're just not that important.