Controversial opinions on metal

well, i didnt say they'r black metal, although i do think they'r from the first wave ...... but they most certainly are not thrash, just because someone plays fast and aggressive dosnt make them a thrash band, if it was like that then do you know how many other bands would be considered thrash metal?

Oh I believe I mentioned it... that "1st wave black metal bands" didnt fucking play black metal as anyone knows it at all. Venom, Mercyful Fate, Bulldozer, etc.

Inlé;9579896 said:
Those that consider non-metal genres like Metalcore/Nu-Metal etc "Heavy Metal" don't actually have much of a negative effect on "real" metal at all. "Kvlt kiddie-ism", retrograde thinking and the like from the inside is actually far more damaging to the genre than a kid who considers Bullet for my Valentine "the best heavy metal band" could ever be.

European power metal is better than US power metal, however trendy it is to utter the opposite as if it's an unshakeable fact.

I want to sleep with you and see you die at the same time. Someone give me AIDS plz.

srsly tho, early Fates Warning, Queensryche, Savatage, and all in that vein are undeniably better than all things Euro-power. Except Adramelch.

jag panzer, manilla road, cirith ungol, brocas helm, omen, tyrant, attacker, helstar, satan's host, slauter xstroyes, manowar, riot, medieval steel, warlord, agent steel, etcetc.

Euro power is at its best when it borrows some balls from US power. Check it, a perfect mix of upbeat composition and manly riffing:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, Bathory was black metal from the beginning. He doesnt normally get mentioned in fwbm though, for whatever reason.

His S/T was pretty much speed/thrash with really shitty production and goblin vocals. Hardly any more black metal than Black Metal.

Bathory's style of black metal was different than those of Venom and Mercyful Fate, but it was still black metal.

Bathory's style of black metal was different than those of Venom and Mercyful Fate, but it was still black metal.

Your wording of this sentence almost makes it sound as if someone was arguing that Bathory is less black metal than Venom and Mercyful Fate.

You said the s/t album was speed/thrash, which is obviously wrong. That's why i said Bathory is black metal (even his first album) as Mercyful Fate and Venom.

I like Amorphises AM universum better than black winter day and elegy because I'm a sucker for a good saxophone.

Anybody saying Bathory (or at least the first albums) aren't black metal is a fucking retard, and I would like to sterilize them in their sleep.