Controversial opinions on metal

Mort has better taste in metal then a large majority of the board..

s23499_ass%20kisser.jpg

Animals as Leaders = the suck.

After hearing countless positive reviews about them, and not knowing a single person who doesn't rave about them, I figured I'd give them a listen. Definite snoozefest.

Forget pop music. That Of Montreal album he posted in the ass-kicking thread is gayer than the gayest members of that entire genre combined.

Right, but you called him a homo. And your taste in pop music is completely relevant to your homosexuality.

Valid enough. :tickled:

Forget pop music. That Of Montreal album he posted in the ass-kicking thread is gayer than the gayest members of that entire genre combined.

Ugh, don't remind me of that album. I don't really know why I ever liked it. I grew tired of it so fast.

The only thing worth hearing from the Barnes era is Tomb of the Mutilated. Butchered At Birth is a lesser version of TotM, the debut is fucking awful, and everything they did with him after TotM is just weak, bad vocals and weak production for weak bland death metal. Haven't heard everything with Fisher, but a lot of it is pretty bad. Kill is damn good, though.

Lies. The Bleeding is the best album they've ever done and its fucking awesome. Tomb would be #2. Most of their cds are good and worth aquiring. Cannibal Corpse rules.

I'll go on record saying that Cannibal Corpse is, overall, not bad and even put out a couple albums that death metal fans should own. I think CC embarrasses a lot of death metal fans because they evoke thoughts like "is this really what my favorite genre is about?" Maybe it is. Maybe it is that lowbrow. Who gives a shit. Some CC is archetypal death metal and pretty good to boot. Of course their formula gets old pretty quickly though.

Lies. The Bleeding is the best album they've ever done and its fucking awesome. Tomb would be #2. Most of their cds are good and worth aquiring. Cannibal Corpse rules.

I'll go on record saying that Cannibal Corpse is, overall, not bad and even put out a couple albums that death metal fans should own. I think CC embarrasses a lot of death metal fans because they evoke thoughts like "is this really what my favorite genre is about?" Maybe it is. Maybe it is that lowbrow. Who gives a shit. Some CC is archetypal death metal and pretty good to boot. Of course their formula gets old pretty quickly though.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Sometimes, metal should be just stupid and juvenile to retain that "fun" factor.

Maybe so but it completely precludes your ability to call someone a faggot.

If someone seems like they suck more dicks than I do, then I will call them out on it.

I think you lot are holding a bit too much onto my past posting about pop music all the time.

Considering the last few months have been me mostly listening to folk stuff like Sera Cahoone, The Tallest Man on Earth, Jesse Sykes, etc. and then rediscovering my metaldom with little pop moments thrown in I'd say my faggotry level is significantly less than that of someone who listens to PsyOpus and Protest the Hero.

Fair enough assessment. But musically I would hardly say they are anymore lowbrow than most other DM acts. The image, the lyrics, et al certainly. But like you said, who cares? It kicks ass. When I listen to a death metal album I don't come wanting to hear Shakespeare sonnets and Bartokian innovations... I want my ass kicked with killer riffs. CC consistently get the job done.

I have the same feelings for a lot of the more popular death metal bands like Nile and Behemoth.