Controversial opinions on metal

It has nothing to do with hipsters but more with the fact that they are grouped together with various mall death metal bands.

Maybe its just because I haven't really been in a mall for more than 10 minutes in many years, but I never witnessed any group significant enough in numbers / frequency to warrant the title 'mall death metal'. Seems more silly than anything else, and I'm left...

remaining with my initial assessment. Anyone who labels them as such is either a troll or incompetent

Mallcore is just a derogatory term for bands that are erroneously associated with metal because they have heavy guitars and angry lyrics. Let's not fucking overanalyze and interpret the term and the way it's used please. It's most directly associated with popular 'nu-metal' bands like Korn, Slipknot, Disturbed, etc.

Hmm, controversial opinions?

Well keep in mind this is all opinion, just personal preference. I've got quite a few of these.

Every Metallica album after "...And Justice For All" is almost completely unlistenable to me.

Dream Theater are all amazing musicians but most of their music is boring.

A lot black metal friggin sucks in terms of musicianship and skill but it's still a genre i love.

Grindcore is mostly noisy but still talented.

Opeth is both amazing and overrated.

Michale Graves era Misfits is better than Danzig era. (yup)

Iron Maiden is good but also ridiculously over rated.

Death Metal (and it's subgenre) is the most talented form of metal besides prog metal.

Slipknot is an alright band but a lot of their songs are shit.

I love all forms of metal but deathcore is one of the best live, along with, death metal, thrash, and metalcore.

Tech Death is more talented than most other forms of metal.

Deathcore is a form of metal. Yes it is a good one. Yes there are shit bands in it. Yes there are amazing bands in the genre as well.

Same with metalcore.

Breakdowns have their place in metal and are amazing live.

Tim "Ripper" Owens is a better vocalist than Rob Halford how is is NOW, young Halford, no.

Early Cradle Of Filth is black metal. Saying Cradle Of Filth are a black metal band is a somewhat true statement as they once were.

Dimmu Borgir can still be called a black metal band.

The order of the Big Four from best to worst is
1. Megadeth
2. Metallica
3. Slayer
4. Anthrax
Does this mean i like them the most in this order? No.

Suicide Silence is a METAL good band.

Thats all i can think of for now.

^Most of those are probably the most uncontroversial opinions ever :err:

I love all forms of metal but deathcore is one of the best live, along with, death metal, thrash, and metalcore.

Deathcore is a form of metal. Yes it is a good one. Yes there are shit bands in it. Yes there are amazing bands in the genre as well.

Same with metalcore.

:zombie:

Breakdowns have their place in metal and are amazing live.

Oh fucking god.

^Most of those are probably the most uncontroversial opinions ever :err:

:zombie:

Oh fucking god.

Those are metal derived, you don't need to get so uppity about it. It makes sense for one to think the hardcore scene is metal. In fact, they do sound similar to more extreme forms of metal until you delve into the specifics. If you don't agree either justify why, or ignore it instead of posting smileys that don't mean shit to most people. However, in this case, I do somewhat agree with your response.

I don't know why Onder isn't a limp bizkit fan, Mike Muir looks like he raided Durst's closet and stitched Suicidal Tendencies on the clothes, and both act like a couple of try-hards.

I don't know why Onder isn't a limp bizkit fan, Mike Muir looks like he raided Durst's closet and stitched Suicidal Tendencies on the clothes, and both act like a couple of try-hards.

I was rating the new troll, but anyway, Suicidal Tendencies is much closer to punk and is infinitely better. I don't care about either's closet tbh.

Early Cradle Of Filth is black metal. Saying Cradle Of Filth are a black metal band is a somewhat true statement as they once were.

If Cradle of Filth were around in the 80s they'd be called black metal, no question. However, they're generally only compared to their contemporaries, and because their sound was partial to many influences rather than just copying aspects from the Norwegian wave of black metal when it was hot, they never were fully accepted. I think conceptually, they are a black metal band (and more) but not musically, and that's partially what separates 80s black metal from 90s black metal.

Take into consideration too that the UK really didn't have any proper black metal going on the in the 90s, and CoF were considered by media to be the UK's answer to Norwegian black metal.

And people forget, it's really the unoriginal "poseur" bands who come along that really define the genre by cementing certain aspects (pioneered by early bands) into definition. In the beginning of any genre, each band usually has their own identity and sound but may be linked together by a certain approach or vision shared. I guess that idea gets lost over time and too much emphasis is placed on superficial things. Cradle of Filth were always too ambitious for proper black metal anyways. However, it's amusing to see how many Cradle of Filth sound-alikes are considered to be black metal by most.

Pepperoni, pepper jack, black olives, brown mustard. Like.

(A hell of a lot better than people explaining CoF's status / genre for the 1000000th time in the bands history.)

Nothing beats a gigantic warm tortilla stuffed full of roasted eggplant, red pepper and mushrooms covered in cheese and creamy balsamic dressing.

failure_ the "mall" in "mallcore" represents a given band's popularity with suburban white teenage boys who have floppy haircuts.

Nothing beats a gigantic warm tortilla stuffed full of roasted eggplant, red pepper and mushrooms covered in cheese and creamy balsamic dressing.

Interesting...but not something I could ever imagine eating. I actually can't even handle salad dressing. Maybe it's the amount of vinegar but I nearly vomit at the smell of most salad dressings.