Controversial opinions on metal

Leprosy > Spiritual Healing > Symbolic > SBG > TSoP > Human > ITP

No way a DM album that sounds like all other early dm albums should be #1

Human, Spritual healing, Symbolic, TSoP, SBG, Leprosy, ITP.

As for people who only like the early stuff, all I can say to that it's just as stale as all early death metal, good for a few listens but nothing dazzling.

As for people who only like the early stuff, all I can say to that it's just as stale as all early death metal, good for a few listens but nothing dazzling.

70c9de62-2e98-4705-ac65-fba3957d0235.jpg

No way a DM album that sounds like all other early dm albums should be #1

LOL! How many death metal albums do you now that came out in 88? ... Thats a pretty ridiculous statement right there, especially when considering that these guys were one of the first and most influential death metal bands of all time.

:lol:

all great bands, but are you serious? The Chasm and Asphyx? Greatest death metal bands of all time? LOL!

Death's catalogue is untouchable, not one weak album ... not only are they the greatest Death metal band ever, id say they are easily one of the top 5 metal bands of all time.

Yes, The Chasm has the best discography in death metal.

Death is absolute shit outside of SBG and the demo work. Shit band, absolutely awful band.

The Chasm is excellent and has one of the best discographies in the entire underground. I'm biased though, they are my favourite band. However, saying Death is shitty is pretty stupid. Overrated? Maybe.

Used to love them, but as I dove deeper into death metal I just began to really dislike them. SBG is solid, but unspectacular. Leprosy is boring. Spiritual Healing is an absolute mess. Human is just Cynic demos gone bad. Individual Thought Patterns somehow manages to be even worse than Human. Symbolic is songwriting failure at its absolute finest. And of course The Sound of Perseverance is just god fucking awful in every single way.

As far as The Chasm goes, Deathcult - Conjuration - Farseeing are three of the best albums in metal. Everything else they've released has at least been good to great.

baloney. leprosy is their best.

+1

As regressive and over-tech-status-ed Symbolic is, it's still a close second for me. Death's discography isn't nearly as consistent or innovative as people make it out to be, but I still mostly enjoy it all.

:lol: you're so fucking funny!

No, I'm 100% serious about that claim and I'm prepared to back it up. Exactly what Death album displays as high a level of artistry in terms of riff construction and overall songwriting as the album in question? Seriously, early Death is good though not particularly amazing early death metal (sure, it's very influential.) Later Death is generally a watered-down version of what Cynic did on their demos (this claim has been made a million times, but it needs to be repeated because it seems like it hasn't stuck yet.) The Chasm, on the other hand, aren't a watered-down version of anything.