Controversial opinions on metal

I agree with what Onder said,some of this overtly technical stuff misses the mark by a long shot and as far as Deathcore goes,well i've never even heard it so it does'nt bother me.

It's just that Deathcore and Techdeath hasn't showed any potentiality at all, mostly because it's just a gay offshoot of genres that are clearly meant to be manly - completely going against the meaning of the whole thing. It's like a misunderstanding of what metal is supposed to be.

When men attempt to prove that they are manily to other men its best that we assume they're gay and trying to impress their secret crushes.

"Overly technical stuff misses the mark" = "Fuck them assholes for being more talented than my favorite band, I couldn't think of a valid excuse".

It's just shit...no doubt they are talented,but they don't hold a candle to bands like Manowar,Manilla Road ect. who don't play technical wank.

djent/technical DM/Deathcore is fucking garbage!!

It's just that Deathcore and Techdeath hasn't showed any potentiality at all, mostly because it's just a gay offshoot of genres that are clearly meant to be manly - completely going against the meaning of the whole thing. It's like a misunderstanding of what metal is supposed to be.

I don't understand your view that tech-death goes against the meaning of the whole thing. There are some great tech-death bands around - Decrepit Birth, Obscura, Element, geez.. Gorguts, Decapitated etc.

I don't understand how you can say that tech-death is a misunderstanding of what metal is supposed to be.

Anyway, i love the genre. Can't say much about deathcore as i don't listen to it.

It's just shit...no doubt they are talented,but they don't hold a candle to bands like Manowar,Manilla Road ect. who don't play technical wank.

djent/technical DM/Deathcore is fucking garbage!!

That's rather odd, a band with more talent clearly exceeds those with less talent. It boils down to again, they blow cause they're better than my favorite band. It's like saying I don't want no picasso I want a damn finger painting! Well you can have your finger painting but at the end of the day Picasso, etc are prized for it's technicality, while the finger painting is laughed at.

You no comprehende.

Basically it seems like alot of young people praise these bands as the greatest things ever,take punk for example.'The Pistols' had no talent whatsoever yet are regarded as the best punk band ever,that's not to say that all the good metal bands are talentless because it could'nt be further from the truth but no emo band can make good metal...these bands miss the mark in that they lack the fundamental spirit of metal and pretty much everyone knows that the glory days of metal are in the past,no wanky,techy band will ever top that.

@sloughfeg, im pretty old dude, lol .... been listening to metal since 89 and while i agree that being more technical does not necessarily mean that the music being played is better, but there are plenty of technical death metal bands that play far better music than bands like fucking Manowar and Virgin Steele.

You're far more annoying than a seagull. And where they possess the grace of flight, you possess the banality and monotony of a retarded 8 year old.

Thank you. I have heard that Winter is Coming, can you deny or confirm this for me please?

Thank you.

P.S I was 9 this week actually.

@sloughfeg, im pretty old dude, lol .... been listening to metal since 89 and while i agree that being more technical does not necessarily mean that the music being played is better, but there are plenty of technical death metal bands that play far better music than bands like fucking Manowar and Virgin Steele.

Me too man,i'm 34 and've been into it since the mid 80's Manowar are great man but I can't handle technical shit,Suffocation yes but not much else it just bores the shit outt've me.
Also Virgin Steele shit all over this other stuff.

Have to agree that this is a ridiculous response. Talent at playing technical music is not the same as talent at playing good, listenable, inspired music

I agree too. Thats one opinion that absolutely baffles me. I can play the harmonic minor scale at 400bpm, but can't write a melody. Its ridiculous.

I am quite good at drawing so I am a better artist than Jackson Pollock.

Where is Krow the Hateful Raven? :(

That's rather odd, a band with more talent clearly exceeds those with less talent. It boils down to again, they blow cause they're better than my favorite band. It's like saying I don't want no picasso I want a damn finger painting! Well you can have your finger painting but at the end of the day Picasso, etc are prized for it's technicality, while the finger painting is laughed at.

being skilled at an instrument doesn't mean you are skilled at writing memorable music.

I cleaned as much as I am going to in this thread.

Let me break out something I reserve for every 2-3 years or so...and this doesn't go for everyone, but an awful lot judging from the posts I just cleaned...

STOP.BEING.A.FUCKING.ASSHOLE.

Your opinion, does NOT, equal fact; no matter HOW far you have your head up your musical bubble of an ass. Get over it. Get over it, get over it, and get the fuck over yourself for crying out loud. It's pathetic.

If someone likes or has an opinion other than yours, quit being a blabber mouthed baby and act like you can handle it when someone's opinions differ to yours. If not, you're going to have one hell of a miserable life, I'll clue you in on that now.

Now, let's get back to this.. OPINION thread, without fighting or insults, or you'll simply be banned as I am not dealing with it.

With love, your admin xoxoxo

Let me break out something I reserve for every 2-3 years or so...and this doesn't go for everyone, but an awful lot judging from the posts I just cleaned...

Your opinion, does NOT, equal fact; no matter HOW far you have your head up your musical bubble of an ass. Get over it. Get over it, get over it, and get the fuck over yourself for crying out loud. It's pathetic.

If someone likes or has an opinion other than yours, quit being a blabber mouthed baby and act like you can handle it when someone's opinions differ to yours. If not, you're going to have one hell of a miserable life, I'll clue you in on that now.

Now, let's get back to this.. OPINION thread, without fighting or insults, or you'll simply be banned as I am not dealing with it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't see why this thread hasn't been closed yet, I mean half the time we're discussing the same shit.

I don't understand how you can say that tech-death is a misunderstanding of what metal is supposed to be.

The name itself implies that the subgenre's main goal is something different than what I think makes metal good, and what should be the main goal imo - evil, heavy, dark music. All good death, black, thrash or heavy/doom metal meets these requirements, even if they accomplish it differently.

Pregressive styles of metal á'la metalcore, progmetal and techdeath all fail at it out of principle. People always say that you can't call entire genre shit, but I disagree with that and I truly dislike everything out of those, which is very rare as I always like atleast something even out of pop, hiphop, rap, country, classical, jazz, etc.