Controversial opinions on metal

- Megadeth's Rust in Peace blows away every Metallica album.
- Early or new, Bolt Thrower eats Morbid Angel for breakfast.

Not much of a songwriting fan are you? I'd say the latters own the formers in at least that measure.

I guess you can look at it as a "Maiden vs. Priest" type of comparison though.

Nothing can just eat Altars of Madness for breakfast. Are you four years old?

Zos Kia Cultus is the best Behemoth album, although both Grom and Evangelion are great too.

Bolt Thrower on average is much better then Morbid Angel, but AoM is just a classic, not many albums have reached that level of quality.

Asphyx' Last One On Earth has the greatest death metal guitar tone ever.

Deathcore is a respectable genre which is mostly ruined by a retarded fanbase, and a shit ton of awful generic bands.

The new Disma album will rape everything Incantation has done since Diabolical Conquest easily.

I think that Zos Kia Cultus is widely considered Behemoth‘s best so I don‘t know what the fuck you guys are on about. Also, if Disma album reaches the quality of their demo, then it will rape pregnant women with death. But that also is not a controversial opinion. Nor are the Bolt Thrower and Asphyx ones tbh.

But yeah, this thread is either fucking stupid or just doesn‘t fit the title.

EDIT: That is the purpose I guess. :p

- Megadeth's Rust in Peace blows away every Metallica album.
- Early or new, Bolt Thrower eats Morbid Angel for breakfast.
- Necrophagist's "music" is just mindless wankery.
-Not a chance in hell
-Bolt Thrower is amazing but better than AoM? Nahhhhh
-Herp derp necrophagist hate herp. They have a few good songs
Evangelion > Demigod

Other way around brah
Zos Kia Kultus > all other Behemoth albums

ZKC is amazing but I don't think it beats Demigod.
Nothing can just eat Altars of Madness for breakfast. Are you four years old?

<3

Early " At the gates" reminds me of black metal for some reason

Early ATG is definitely more experimental. I think Alf Svensson really didn't give a fuck about genres when he was writing, he just wrote based on his influences at the time. This is evident on the Oxiplegatz albums as well, where the sound is all over the map.

The past two Marduk albums have been excellent and the band recieves an unfair rap because of their relative popularity within the metal community.

I feel like Behemoth and Watain have tried to go in the direction that Marduk have, but it pales to what Marduk has done recently.

All three of the bands mentioned are fantastic. They are really talented musicians. Their last couple albums have been pretty good too.

crowd surfing is death metal.

Marduk has gone in a direction that bring them closer to Funeral Mist. Which IMO isn't a bad thing at all.