Controversial opinions on metal

Ok.
- Aside from (a very) few riffs and solos Dimebag & Pantera suck cock and are overrated
No .....while im not a fan of their earlier stuff, rest of their work isnt bad at all ... and nowhere near as bad as some of their rabid haters put them out to be.

- The Big 4 suck shit (Megadeth being the most tolerable), teutonic thrash is mostly miles better
Lol ... not even close, and thats coming from someone who's been listening to thrash most of his life.

Pentagram's Relentless is better than any Black Sabbath album apart from maybe Master of Reality. I want to motivate this but I don't have the energy right now. Anyone agree though?

Pentagram are incredibly boring and I don't know why the fuck the metal press makes such a big deal out of a fucking crackhead like Bobby Liebling. The guy is a delusional scumbag who cheated and stole from his own bandmates, other bands, venues, and own mother.

I fucking love later sabbath. I rarely listen to the early stuff. I used to love the fuck out of it though.

I fucking love later sabbath. I rarely listen to the early stuff. I used to love the fuck out of it though.

Kinda opposite for me. I got sick of the Dio albums but appreciate the first six Ozzy ones (except Volume 4) much more now. Although Headless Cross has always been a favorite of mine...

I'll say a couple saint vitus albums exist that I'd rather listen to than any sabbath albums. (s/t and die healing)

All the Ozzy-era is great, plus Mob Rules, Dehumanizer, Born Again, Eternal Idol, and Cross Purposes. Hell even the other albums have the occasional good track here or there.