Controversial opinions on metal

Because you like penis, maybe?

No, I understand why alot of people can't get into King Diamond. I personally love the falsetto, and the music is just orgasmic and cumtastic.

I actually like King Diamond's vocals. Abigial and Conspiracy are so musically good that someone should be able to get use to the vocals. King Diamond's best vocals are probably on Mercyful Fate-in the shadows. And it rules musically, these albums are musically ridiculous.

- Whenever an album is described as "southern" or having southern influences, it just means it's shitty. All these southern stoner sludge bands are the same crap.

EDIT: This started wtih Pantera afaik. I.E. bands that consider being dumb to be their main quality.

"The boys" just got in their truck, with their shotguns and a rope for the old hangin tree.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Whenever an album is described as "southern" or having southern influences, it just means it's shitty. All these southern stoner sludge bands are the same crap.

EDIT: This started wtih Pantera afaik. I.E. bands that consider being dumb to be their main quality.

I tried really hard to come up with exceptions to this. The best I could come up with was Glorior Belli's latest, but that's more black with a very faint twang.

I will say that Texas Hippie Coalition is fun, but that's because they're self-aware about their stupidity. I really dislike the "swamp" trend that Mastodon ushered in, with a few exceptions (Howl, Indian).

I'll say I'm not a huge fan of Death. I like them, but a) they really aren't "death metal" (and as a DM-fag I like my death to be bludgeoning); b) I think people way overstate Death's legendary status. Yeah they were at the forefront of the genre, but if you listen to Human and then listen to Tomb of the Mutilated, they're not even close to the same sound.

I tried really hard to come up with exceptions to this. The best I could come up with was Glorior Belli's latest, but that's more black with a very faint twang.

I will say that Texas Hippie Coalition is fun, but that's because they're self-aware about their stupidity. I really dislike the "swamp" trend that Mastodon ushered in, with a few exceptions (Howl, Indian).

Why the hell do you want to lump howl and indian in with mastodon amd baroness?

Why the hell do you want to lump howl and indian in with mastodon amd baroness?

I don't, personally, but they all get thrown into that "sludge" bucket for some reason. In there with Black Tusk and pretty much anyone with an album cover done by the guy from Baroness.

I actually like King Diamond's vocals. Abigial and Conspiracy are so musically good that someone should be able to get use to the vocals. King Diamond's best vocals are probably on Mercyful Fate-in the shadows. And it rules musically, these albums are musically ridiculous.

Agreed. I love alot of his vocals in Mercyful Fate over King Diamond, and I often wish he'd sing without the falsetto more. A song like "Behind These Walls" starts off with his actual voice as he sings, and I rather think that is fantastic.

Acid Bath.

Man Acid Bath is in their own league, LOL.

Oh wait, hold up. I forgot. Fucking Crowbar and Eyehategod. EXCELLENT bands.