Controversial opinions on metal

Destroy erase improve is one of the BEST metal albums in history...

:guh:

Is there really another Death debate going on? Please find something better to discuss, newfags.

newfags? lmao

and were supposed to give a fuck because it bothers you? lol fuck off.

edit: and then he proceeds to quote on the subject he was whining about, what a fucking faggot.

Hellhammer is the first death metal band like Motorhead is the first thrash metal band. I'd rather call them the first black metal band tbh.

:guh:

newfags? lmao

and were supposed to give a fuck because it bothers you? lol fuck off.

edit: and then he proceeds to quote on the subject he was whining about, what a fucking faggot.

I bet you are an interesting person. Sometimes you have sex. Sometimes you listen to Bathory and think that you are an elitist black metal fan. Fuck you. You don't know who I or my brothers on UM are. We will rape you. Not out of homosexuality, but out of sheer principle and morbid rage. You cannot know who you are talking to, because you won't meet us probably. And we shall angrily ban you from the webz because we are probably legion or something. Go talk to momma, nigga. We'sa pick the world up and we a drop it on yo fuckin head.

Hellhammer is the first death metal band like Motorhead is the first thrash metal band. I'd rather call them the first black metal band tbh.

Well, you're an idiot. Musically, they are the archetype of death metal. Hellhammer is the first black metal band like Motorhead is the first thrash metal band, not the other way around. Besides, Venom precede them in black metal.

Eh, I don't deny that Obituary is extremely influenced by the Hellhammer sound, and that Obituary is a death metal band, but there's still stuff that went on in between the development of the two. For every Hellhammer-style part of early Obituary there are one or two that take from a later sound. As far as the earliest bands go, I'll accept that in 1983 there was no other band representing extreme metal as well as them, and that they were largely instrumental in creating death metal.

No one, but you could set points at which X was at the forefront for a number of bands. Venom is, simply put, the reason we have death metal now. Period.

I wonder if Death was called something else if they'd be considered the first death metal band. Honestly aside from kickstarting the movement you'll never fire up Symbolic or Sound of Perseverance and go "oh man this is pure death metal".

Any sounds that Death came up with along their career that developed INTO what we now consider "death metal" was just in their general pursuit of doing shit that no one was really doing at the time. It wasn't until a little later that the template really got laid down and the subgenre solidified.

I wonder if Death was called something else if they'd be considered the first death metal band. Honestly aside from kickstarting the movement you'll never fire up Symbolic or Sound of Perseverance and go "oh man this is pure death metal".

This seems to be the biggest problem with Death. The fact that the later albums sucked and he turned the upside down cross in the logo into an ordinary letter t apparently means that he was a gayfag Christian who died of AIDS and never contributed anything to the creation of the genre.

This seems to be the biggest problem with Death. The fact that the later albums sucked and he turned the upside down cross in the logo into an ordinary letter t apparently means that he was a gayfag Christian who died of AIDS and never contributed anything to the creation of the genre.
Are you fucking kidding me? GAYFAG christian? Go fuck you asshole with a pinecone you fucking prick. Seriously wtf is wrong with people?

Most people in this thread sound like narrow minded "true metalheads" and you listen to the most "bro0tul" of all metuls cause your so cool.

Are you fucking kidding me? GAYFAG christian? Go fuck you asshole with a pinecone you fucking prick. Seriously wtf is wrong with people?

Most people in this thread sound like narrow minded "true metalheads" and you listen to the most "bro0tul" of all metuls cause your so cool.

Comprehension, noob. Learn it. The word "apparently" is your first clue.