Controversial opinions on metal

He might as well of said, "___core is shit and I listen to real metal"...

Ok, so I will leave you with your aparent delusions then. One sign of maturity is to admit when youre wrong. Remember that when you actually grow up.

On topic: I find Emperor to be very overrated. Especially the early stuff. Its the kind of thing I should enjoy but I just feel like its disjointed and really not very good.

I feel a lot of 2nd wave big names are over-rated...Mayhem..Dark Throne...Satyricon...Emperor...Enslaved..Dimmu Borgir....

I mean, they are all decent and I dont mind listening to them, but dont get the hype they carry to this day...They were all stepping stones for when I first got into black metal, but a lot of them didnt really stick with me after the years...Id rather throw on some Immortal or Burzum, they are the only 2nd wave black metal bands I really care for nowadays.

I feel a lot of 2nd wave big names are over-rated...Mayhem..Dark Throne...Satyricon...Emperor...Enslaved..Dimmu Borgir....

I mean, they are all decent and I dont mind listening to them, but dont get the hype they carry to this day...They were all stepping stones for when I first got into black metal, but a lot of them didnt really stick with me after the years...Id rather throw on some Immortal or Burzum, they are the only 2nd wave black metal bands I really care for nowadays.

I understand their importance but obviously Im not crazy about them all. However Emperor is the kind of band I should like the most out of the ones mentioned but that I do like the least.

I would agree that Burzum and Immortal holds up best together with Mayhem who I think have released some very underrated albums since their "comeback" (I am mainly thinking of "wolfs lair abyss" and "grand decleration of war"). I like some early Dark Throne but its not stuff I listen to often. Dimmu Borgir is good in small doses but rarely for a whole album (I felt that way even when they released "enthroned darkness triumphant") and Enslaved never quite stuck with me. That is, by the way, also one of those bands I feel like I should like more than I do. Especially the new stuff.

Am I the only one on this board that thinks Enslaved, new and old, is over-rated?

I really consider them one of the best bands overall, they've released 12 Full-length Albums so far and they're all good no matter what you call them (Black Metal, Viking Metal, Progressive Metal, whatever) they've only released quality stuff. Not to mention the EPs, splits, etc.

Few bands have such a rich discography. Definitely one of my favorite bands.

(not so controversial opinion) You all know that I suck Pagan Altar's dick like it was a fresh 8 year old, but I'm here to say (drunkenly and with no fucks given) that Pagan Altar - Volume I (and more recently Judgment of the Dead) is the best doom metal album of all time.

Using such extremes, I can imagine this is controversial. If you disagree, well fuck you and listen to Pagan Altar more.

Im not as educated as I should be about Traditional Doom, so I cant say I agree with 'the best of all time', but Volume 1 is certainly their best album.

These certainly give Volume 1 a run for its money though imo:
Reverend Bizarre - In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend
Lord Vicar - Fear No Pain
Witchfinder General - Friends of Hell

(not so controversial opinion) You all know that I suck Pagan Altar's dick like it was a fresh 8 year old, but I'm here to say (drunkenly and with no fucks given) that Pagan Altar - Volume I (and more recently Judgment of the Dead) is the best doom metal album of all time.

Using such extremes, I can imagine this is controversial. If you disagree, well fuck you and listen to Pagan Altar more.

Holy shit! An actual controversial comment.

Im not as educated as I should be about Traditional Doom, so I cant say I agree with 'the best of all time', but Volume 1 is certainly their best album.

These certainly give Volume 1 a run for its money though imo:
Reverend Bizarre - In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend
Lord Vicar - Fear No Pain
Witchfinder General - Friends of Hell

Yeah, Pagan Altar is great, but my favorite doom album is Revelation's Release. It isn't doomier than thou, but man it is just flawless.

Lamb of god is complete shit, I can not understand why their so popular...

And someone said that enslaved was overrated? The names of their songs don't even exist on wikipedia...

I don't see how this controversial.

The Sabbath/Pentagram/Vitus/Candlemass debuts are better than all of those. After that I would certainly consider Pagan Altar.