Controversial opinions on metal

Tales of Creation is far from leftovers, and it's amusing that you would even say that after mentioning the earlier demo tape. It's a concept album whose concept and structure pre-dates Candlemass, and Under the Oak was a part of that concept arc.

To be honest I didn't know it was a concept album. I mean, I always kind of had a vague feeling of that considering the spoken parts and usage of certain themes but never tried putting anything together since I habitually skipped its version of Under the Oak and mentally blocked out a couple middle songs just cuz I never liked them much. I'll definitely relisten to it with that in mind.

Joining a little late but anyway; Cryptopsy's ST is a huge improvement not only over TUK, but also over OWN and ATYwB. The album is truly brutal, chaotic and full of twisted riffs. The only low point is the vocal delivery, but I think the guy also improved a lot. I would prefer another kind of growler tho.

I'm drunk now but I'm listening to the new Cryptopsy on youtube and it's fucking awesome (teh riffages!!). Is there a version without the vocals?

EDIT: Haha the jazz part in Red-Skinned Scapegoat! Fucking dumbasses.

Joining a little late but anyway; Cryptopsy's ST is a huge improvement not only over TUK, but also over OWN and ATYwB. The album is truly brutal, chaotic and full of twisted riffs. The only low point is the vocal delivery, but I think the guy also improved a lot. I would prefer another kind of growler tho.

It's good, but I don't think it matches the previous two albums. Maybe I just need to give it more listens.

Newest Cryptopsy is good, more Aborted-ish this time around...

If there is a band out there worse then Gamma Ray I would never wanna know. Id rather jerk off to Asking Alexandria`s music then ever listen to A4 formula power metal at its worst ever again. The best thing Kai Hansen ever did was leaving Helloween...

If there is a band out there worse then Gamma Ray I would never wanna know. Id rather jerk off to Asking Alexandria`s music then ever listen to A4 formula power metal at its worst ever again. The best thing Kai Hansen ever did was leaving Helloween...

Not all Gamma Ray is bad, they have some great songs here and there, such as this one:

Last edited by a moderator:

The vocals actually aren't as bad as some people make them out to be, the vocals definitely remind me of some deathgrind bands, like Aborted but they sound pretty strained.

The biggest problem with the album is its a little to technical, like I said there's some good riffs but the way I see it, to many single note riffs, like the first riffs in this song.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just crazy beans. Newest album is diesel. I'll be blasting it in the gym in about 40 minutes.

Not hearing any "single note riffs" in that song. I can see why the vocals would be off-putting but they're passable.

Led Zeppelin is one of the foundation bands of metal. They're even part of the reason it's CALLED "metal."