Controversial opinions on metal

What's hit and miss about Hell Awaits? Easily their most consistent album imo, unlike Show No Mercy which has some of the earliest and most savage extreme metal next to some pretty mild and poorly-written stuff.

You're stupid. However, the only Slayer album that's worth giving a shit about is Show No Mercy.

Also, Mastodon are HORRIBLE and have always been real lackluster.

Don't insult me, it's my opinion and you must respect it. I like a huge variety of thrash metal bands, but simply I don't give a fuck for Slayer, that's all. You must repect other people's opinions if you wanna be respected!

Don't insult me, it's my opinion and you must respect it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are SERIOUSLY on the wrong from buddy, you don't want to be "insulted" go to some faggy place like sevenstring.org.

Reign in Blood is the shit. It has the best speed, the best production/sound (by far - Hell Awaits and SNM sound crap in comparison) and Araya's vocals are also way better than anything done previously.

Seriously don't know how people can say Reign in Blood's not good, unless you're doing it just to be different/controversial.

Disagree on the vocal front. Sure, there's the classic Angel of Death scream and other moments like that, but the performance is more monotone. He traded evil for aggression/speed and it was a step down as a result imo.

I know what you mean I guess it does come down to personal opinion.

Another thing I don't like about the vocals especially on Hell Awaits is that slight echo - just makes it sound...a bit tacky.

Reign in Blood is a homogenous suite amirite?

Anyway, I listened to Hell Awaits again on the way to work. No idea why that album is hailed as their best. I'd rather take any of the other albums over that one.

As long as Divine Intervention, Undisputed Attitute, Diabolilus in Musica, and God Hates Us All exist, I'm going to have to call bullshit on that.

Then again, it's my second favorite next to Show No Mercy.

Oh yeah, I think Christ Illusion is a pretty good album.

Nope. Oh they finally admitted they were processed too. As a whole Demilich has been massively overrated, myself included as a past perpetrator.