Controversial opinions on metal

Admittedly I don't care either way for the lyrical parts, but the prolonged "burps" have always been awesome to me. I suppose I should shut up before someone claims that I should enjoy slam death because I can tolerate "the burp".

I avoided Demilich for a while because of the reputation of the vocals, but when I actually heard them they sounded almost conversational (but just really deep and incomprehensible). I like the vocals too, and don't think I'd have them any other way for the music.

I don't care for the vocals on Nespithe and feel it might be a reason why I do not revisit the album. Slumber of Sullen Eyes and The Karelian Isthmus are better, and I actually like the vocals on these albums.

I never could here the supposed otherworldly atmosphere that Slumber of Sullen Eyes possesses. It's always sounded pretty average to me. Nowhere even close to Demilich.

I actually think that, if anything, the weak vocal performance amongst the Finnish gods lies with Demigod. Perhaps that's the controversial opinion here. Not that that album doesn't rule or whatever.

Demilich deserves all the recognition they get. They were pioneers and good ones at that.

Divine Intervention was slayers last good album and one of the ones I play most.

I actually like the production on Battles in the North. Most people seem to dislike it, but I think it adds to the overall atmosphere of the album. It sounds like you are in a blizzard haha.

I never could here the supposed otherworldly atmosphere that Slumber of Sullen Eyes possesses. It's always sounded pretty average to me. Nowhere even close to Demilich.

I love both albums, and have to say I've heard the atmosphere to Demigod. It's not a matter of technique but of composition. That's what makes it sublime.

Back in 1993, not many people were making technical death metal, or outside from At the Gates, using rhythm leads like that. Not to mention the inherent musicality and quality of composition.

Suffocation, Gorguts, Cryptopsy, Sinister, Death, Atheist, Pestilence, all tech death bands that made better/earlier stuff than Demilich.

Back in 1993, not many people were making technical death metal, or outside from At the Gates, using rhythm leads like that. Not to mention the inherent musicality and quality of composition.

You're a little off on that.

Demigod ... not a matter of technique but of composition. That's what makes it sublime.

... but i agree with this 100%

253650_10151388899358207_824499484_n.jpg

292250_10151388899478207_1719923859_n.jpg

After watching Taake live last night they are now the GAYEST FUCKING METAL BAND ON THE PLANET. Worst gig I have ever been to, disgusting garbage. Taake is now dead to me, go fuck Kvarforth up the ass Hoest. You fucking faggot. Everyone in the crowd looked at each other shocked and pissed off by all the shit that went on. Weird that none of the black metal fans went up there to stab Hoest in the face...