Controversial opinions on metal

Unless we're talking UK death/doom, the gothic side of the sub-genre, or Warning, I don't see how doom metal is particularly gay. Machismo can be pretty gay too.

Thergothon are kind of boring. I have their album, but meh. It's not shit, it has atmosphere, but it's a real bore to sit through. Maybe it would be ok if I was really stoned and visualizing all kinds of stuff, but I can't smoke weed any more, it just gives me instant and extreme paranoia.

There is nothing gay about Manowar. That is only your own buried homosexuality torn out by their incredibly muscular brand of fantasy metal. We would all gladly be touched by DeMaio's and The Boss' gloves of metal, but that doesn't mean they would do so for us. Judas Priest is simly omnisexual.

Fancy-dressed avant-garde doom is not something I've acknowledged the existence of, so you may have something there.

After watching Taake live last night they are now the GAYEST FUCKING METAL BAND ON THE PLANET. Worst gig I have ever been to, disgusting garbage. Taake is now dead to me, go fuck Kvarforth up the ass Hoest. You fucking faggot. Everyone in the crowd looked at each other shocked and pissed off by all the shit that went on. Weird that none of the black metal fans went up there to stab Hoest in the face...

Were your Christian morals violated? Better wash up with some bible soap...

I'm sure the whole point of it was to make viewers feel uncomfortable and question things, confront them with something they're not used to seeing at a metal show. Theatrics are a great thing, and it's never a bad idea to push the proverbial envelope.

Majority of Black Metal sucks and is gay. I'm not really surprised by it.

There's nothing gay about a grown group of men dressing in tights, wearing mime make-up and swinging their swords about. It's just part of the self-indulgent fantasy that is black metal. Playing black metal music alone just doesn't get the job done. But whatever gets a guy in the mood I suppose.

IMO Manilla Road's best album is Voyager. Most people rag on the vocals or production, where I think they both hit home runs along with its production, song writing, concept, style diversity, and follow through.

Crystal Logic imo is a bit over-rated. Dont get me wrong I fucking love that album, just dont think its their best. Hell, I think Open The Gates and Mystification are two examples that meet Crystal Logic head on.