Controversial opinions on metal

For real? Damn, I actually liked all three before now, definitely curious to check this one out.

EDIT: ah. Electronic. Uh... okay.

the red in the sky is ours destroys slaughter of the soul. Alf leaving the band was the worst possible thing for them.

and for him too really - Oxiplegatz is kinda fucking strange.

It is quite clear that Alf and Anders needed one another to balance their bad aspects out a bit. Alf had his weirdness kept in check, and Anders had his desire for 'simplicity' kept in check.

Alf's stuff on With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness goes nowhere and is meandering bullshit. It just lacks the rythmn,heaviness, and aggression of other ATG albums. Slaughter of The Soul while still being melodic brings back the aggression of ATG and even Grotesque. Anders Björler is by no means a simplistic amateurish guitarist and Slaughter of The Soul showcases just as much musicianship as anything from the band. One of the other factors with WFIKTBD that basically kills the album is the weak thin guitars. I can't stand thin instruments. Alf's stuff on the album. I think he wrote majority of the album is fucking uninteresting and ball less. I'm glad he had nothing to do with Slaughter of The Soul.

Alf's stuff on With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness goes nowhere and is meandering bullshit. It just lacks the rythmn,heaviness, and aggression of other ATG albums. Slaughter of The Soul while still being melodic brings back the aggression of ATG and even Grotesque. Anders Björler is by no means a simplistic amateurish guitarist and Slaughter of The Soul showcases just as much musicianship as anything from the band. One of the other factors with WFIKTBD that basically kills the album is the weak thin guitars. I can't stand thin instruments. Alf's stuff on the album. I think he wrote majority of the album is fucking uninteresting and ball less. I'm glad he had nothing to do with Slaughter of The Soul.
The thing is he had a very unorganized and unorthodox way of writing. He just wrote some riffs down and then tried to mix things up and make them fit, which made the songs unpredictable and interesting in the band's own words (you can see it on the Flames of the End docummentary they released), so I won't say all of his writing was uninteresting or bullshit. Anyway, I aggree with the statment that ATG became more cohesive and compact after he left (e.g. Terminal Spirit Disease). For me it goes both ways, if you're more into old school Swedish death metal you can stick to their first albums but if you dig the Gothenburg sound era you go to the latter ones. I personally dig all of their stuff.

+++++ With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness is by far their worst album. It sounds like shit, while everything else they did is death metal A+. Carcass - Heartwork is much better then Slaughter of The Soul and deserves much more praise then SotS, but thats another topic...

Listening to Realm of Chaos right now. Bolt Thrower is the most boring fucking death metal band of all time. Now I remember why Ive never putting them on. In Battle There Is No Law! is the only album thats worth listening to.

Heartwork is boring as fuck and it has something like three songs that sound remotely like melodic death metal as is known today. I've seen people refer to Swansong as 90's Megadeth with harsh vocals, but the same basically applies to Heartwork.

Heartwork is boring as fuck and it has something like three songs that sound remotely like melodic death metal as is known today. I've seen people refer to Swansong as 90's Megadeth with harsh vocals, but the same basically applies to Heartwork.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Bolt Thrower is far from the most boring death metal band out there. I believe that title goes to Obituary or Six Feet Under. Bolt Thrower have one of the most solid discographies around with their material ranging from great to fucking amazeballs.

Comparing Heartwork to SotS is only logical in the sense that it is both bands shitty material. I think they would get a lot more attention and praise than they do if both bands didnt have such solid, yet completely different material beforehand, because honestly, Heartwork isnt bad, and neither is SotS, but fuck, why would I listen to Heartwork when I got Symphonies of Sickness?...Why listen to SotS when I got TRitSiO?...

I wouldn't say BT is the most boring, but that breed of "epic war death metal" just does nothing for me. I get what they're doing, and I'm sure I'd love it if that was something that interested me at all, but it doesn't, so I end up kinda going "meh" at them and moving on.

why would I listen to Heartwork when I got Symphonies of Sickness?...Why listen to SotS when I got TRitSiO?...

Because their old materiel is some of the best death/grind out there and there last 2 albums are some of the best melo-death (Heartwork and Purgatory Afterglow are my favorite melo-death albums)

How the fuck is Obituary boring? They wrote some of the catchiest riffs in that time period.

I wouldn't say BT is the most boring, but that breed of "epic war death metal" just does nothing for me. I get what they're doing, and I'm sure I'd love it if that was something that interested me at all, but it doesn't, so I end up kinda going "meh" at them and moving on.

At least Bolt Thrower did something different at the time and are still the best at it. At least on the rare occasion that I DO want that sound, I'm gonna go to Bolt Thrower, whereas other bands are doing nothing new AND aren't even that great at it. Going back to the Entrails argument, iow.

Bolt Thrower is one of the best pure death metal bands. They never released a bad album. Today's shitty contingent of death metal needs to learn a lesson from BT.