Controversial opinions on metal

They're not boring at all. You're probably just not patient enough to follow it.

I love that. It's such an emperor's new clothes argument: "Oh you don't like it? Well you just don't GET it!" Fack off.

I like so much slow, brooding, gradually-building music, but GY!BE just doesn't work for me. I listen to enough bullshitty, wanky, masturbatory and aimless post that people complain about how much of it I post on here, and every time I've listened to Skinny Fists or F#A# I ended up bored.

I love that. It's such an emperor's new clothes argument: "Oh you don't like it? Well you just don't GET it!" Fack off.

I like so much slow, brooding, gradually-building music, but GY!BE just doesn't work for me. I listen to enough bullshitty, wanky, masturbatory and aimless post that people complain about how much of it I post on here, and every time I've listened to Skinny Fists or F#A# I ended up bored.

Obviously, it's because Godspeed is (probably) beyond you.

Yeah, Im a yoga geek and I find that repulsing.

But I wouldnt even call that yoga, tbh. Its like a mix of ballet, contact improv and interpretive dance all combined. Cool idea, but very poor deliver and horrible song selection all to make for an abomination for sure.

It just doesnt vibe with you. Thats cool, atleast you gave it an honest attempt. Try a bit down the road and see if it still doesnt stick, because thats how it was when I was first introduced to em. Now, I personally have to be in the right mood for them, because it does require, atleast for me, to sit and give their albums my full attention. As background noise, its dull because its very subtle at times. But when I give their albums my undivided, full attention, they take me on a fucking journey. Just like crimson said, it requires patience. Or maybe were just two fucking wackjobs who like horrible music. It has been suggested before...:lol:

And about all that bullshitty, wanky, masturbatory and aimless post that people complain about? Keep on posting it, I love that shit too.

I've listened to a few of their albums and I have a better chance of sitting through a Sunn 0))) album than that shit. Again, I would rather listen to God is an Astronaut or Red Sparowes. Any more though, I would just rather not listen to post-anything.

It's really hard for me to take peoples opinions on intricate music seriously when they listen to genres like slam death metal or deathcore.

It's really hard for me to take peoples opinions on intricate music seriously when they listen to genres like slam death metal or deathcore.

You'd almost think it's possible to enjoy things that tickle the intellect as well as the primal part of the brain. This is sorta like saying you can't take someone's opinion on film seriously because they liked Wedding Crashers. Like you're somehow beholden to only liking one style of music.

All depends mood. I will go straight from king crimson or camel to parasitic ejaculation.

Edit: I find it ridiculous someone that listens to death metal period would question someone else's taste in music because of the kind of death metal they listen to.

Guess what. For most music listeners, cannibal corpse, devourment, gorguts, Whitechapel, they're all the same thing, shit they don't want to hear. You're trying to sit on a pedestal that doesn't exist.

That's because "most music listeners" are not passionate and usually just a drop of drool away from being diagnosed mentally retarded. I actually wrote another message that apparently I didn't post but I did say that you have to be in the mood to listen to bands like Godspeed so ill give you that one. My point is most people that can enjoy music styles like deathcore/slam death metal/nu metal, whatever, just aren't the type of people that should be listening to intricate music. I'm not saying EVERYONE, but definitely the majority.

Wow bro, you're so wrong that it's actually pretty funny. "Definition of mid paced thrash" "they have some thrashy moments" "they do have thrash songs" "not full on thrash"? :lol: Are you sure were talking about Megadeth here, one of the forefathers of thrash metal?

Like i said, their first four are 100% full on thrash through and through. It doesnt get any thrashier than those albums ... especially their first, which is just pure blitzkrieging, filthy, full on thrash metal, no other album defines the sub-genre better than KIMB. Later on in their career is when they took the mid-paced route, and still managed to release some killer albums like Youthanasia and Countdown.

You guys all seem to have a big misunderstanding of what thrash metal is ... please refresh your memories by listening to their debut.

edit: well to be fair, as of right now ... they definitely are a mid-paced thrash metal band. But that definitely does not apply to their first four.

Chosen Ones
Peace Sells
Devil's Island
Mary Jane
In My Darkest Hour
Hangar 18
Poison Was the Cure
Lucretia
Tornado of Souls
Rust in Peace

None of those are thrash songs, and that's even excluding the three covers.

And lol if you think Bonded By Blood doesn't typify thrash metal better than any Megadeth album.

None of those are thrash songs

AAHAHHHAHAHAHHA WOW! :lol::lol::lol:

That just further solidifies my opinion that you dont know jack shit about thrash.

Please man, i remember you saying protest the hero and meshuggah were thrash bands. You're one of the last people here who should be commenting on what's thrash and what isn't and i really dont want to get into this again. Also, why in the world would i include their cover tracks when on this subject? Like i said before, some of you people seem to have your own definition of what thrash metal is. But anyway, thanks for the good laughs man. :lol:

I'm not sure that I ever said that either Protest or Meshuggah were thrash bands as much as I've said that they have thrash songs and/or albums. At least earlier Meshuggah and Protest the Hero are derived from thrash metal; Megadeth is a bit primordial and they have many songs that are basically traditional or speed metal.

Tornado of Souls is def a thrash song. Some of the others I agree though

The thing is TB, if we call Megadeth full on thrash, what do we call all of the other faster thrash bands? I agree that they are thrash, but I have to classify it as mid-paced thrash for most of their songs, they're just not as fast or as I dunno, thrashy.

I've gone through my Megadeth collection before looking for faster songs and there just aren't that many.

If they are not mid-paced thrash what is? What is a band that has a majority of songs slower than Megadeth and they're still considered thrash? I would be hard pressed to come up with one

I think it's not fair to compare them to new school thrash bands though like BBB, Warbringer etc. We should separate the categories as old school thrash and new wave of thrash. To be fair I guess compare Megadeth's speed/thrashiness with other bands of the 80's. Still a bit slower paced imo, but I'm ok with calling them old school thrash. The newer stuff is so much harder and intense though I think you can at least see why we hear it as something different from Megadeth.