Controversial opinions on metal

APPLES ARE TOTALLY PEDESTRIAN AND IT'S SUCH BULLSHIT THAT THEY ARE IN THE FRUIT BIG 4 WHEN KIWIS ARE SO MUCH SWEETER

If y'all ain't eating Honeycrisp y'all are doing apples wrong.

Also, I recognize how unique and creative Voivod are, but I absolutely cannot enjoy their music at all.

I think that's correct; but it's so annoying to pronounce, and I always want to say "vuh-void." In fact, I pretty much despise them because of their name.

The two Voivod albums i own are really fast punky thrash metal with cool lyrics maybe played in an odd guitar tone. I really like them.

The only problem I could understand people having with Voivod is the vocals.

But even that's a silly problem to have with them.

The vocals were my initial hang-up as well, especially their "later" (Nothingface through the Outer Limits) albums where he dropped most of the aggression. Didn't take too long to warm up to them though. FWIW my dad absolutely hates Voivod, not because of the vocal tone but the vocal melodies as well as what he perceives as repetitious riffing (I've tried convincing him otherwise but it hasn't worked so far).

The thing that set them apart from other bands is the guitar sound; a lot of high register riffs are always abundant in their songs.

I can understand why people don't like the vocals but I always have, they suit the unique sound of the music.

Killing Technology are Dimension Hatross are faves - KT for the thrash energy and DH for the proggy spacey sound (Nothingface is good for that too).

^ I agree! Piggy was what set them apart and why they remain one of my all time favorite bands. So honored to have seen them in Baltimore back in '87 w/ Kreator opening.

That's easy, simply /'eɪn.hɛr.jar/

"Ein" alone makes it sound stupid (unless I'm quoting a Nazi in Hogan's Heroes), not to mention that it's kind of a restricted sound (e.g. my lower jaw/throat is raised to make it), then followed with "hairy", then ending with a "[y]ar" which is the opposite and a jaw-protracted kind of noise.

I can read the name. All I said is that every time I read it, it makes me want to pronounce the name like "vuh-void"; because that rolls off the tongue far better than "voy-vod."

And I meant my first comment as a joke that a bunch of you delicate fellows apparently took as a rod of insult up your precious virgin assholes. This is a metal forum. Are we not comfortable with the fact that we listen to bands with dumb fucking names?