Controversial opinions on metal

metallica is the literal worst band on the planet

except from the obvious bands? Because we have Asking Alexandria, Bring Me The Horizon, Suicidal Silence and more but Attila takes the cake.

And come on... I'm not the biggest Metallica fan and I only like two album from them but there's no reason to say they're the worst.

And when it comes to KD & MF then it took me a while to get used to the vocals but I was still addicted to them right away for their instrumental and lyric part. Now as I really like them overall I will gladly say fuck off if any disrespects them.

This has probably been mentioned before I was here or when I've simply not noticed it but Opeth are decent but highly overrated.

Here's one, since the band was mentioned: Bring Me the Horizon's last two albums are good. They went from horrid deathcore to pretty decent melodic metalcore. Not saying they are great, but I can listen to the last two and at least appreciate it without wanting to turn it off.

Schuldiners highs crush halfords with ease.

I seriously doubt that. Might have to give both of those tracks another listen thought ... it's been years.

edit: Holy shit, you're right. Halford does gets pretty up there around the 2:00 mark though. As much of Death fan as i am, i prefer the original here. I usually hate cover tracks, but they did a pretty good job

edit: man it sucks typing with one hand :|

I seriously doubt that. Might have to give both of those tracks another listen thought ... it's been years.

edit: Holy shit, you're right. Halford does gets pretty up there around the 2:00 mark though. As much of Death fan as i am, i prefer the original here. I usually hate cover tracks, but they did a pretty good job

none of halfords come close to his highs on this

Last edited by a moderator:
His highs are shit compared to Halfords. Fuck all his end of career vocals are shit

This.

And saying that because his highs are higher means he IS better is ludicrous. Tom Araya can hit highs. So he's on par with fucking Rob Halford? Your logic is both flawed and ludicrous. As are your ears, because Chuck was a good growler, but as far as actually being a singer...no. There's much more to singing than just cramming air through you vocal cord.

Chuck was a great guitar player. As for his vocals? Well, that's a different story.

People love to hate on Chuck's vocals. I'd compare them to Mustaine's: never great, but serviceable and rarely taking the spotlight.

Halford would destroy Chuck's high vox in each of their primes. You are not correct if you think otherwise.

I do like Chuck's vox throughout his career. I thought they were the best in the mid era (SH/ITP/Human) though.