Controversial opinions on metal

To compare any dm at all to the satansent treasure-chest that makes up Blessed Are The Sick is just wrong.

*edit* I mean fuck,lets just take our hands off our keyboards for a couple of minutes and just listen.

Last edited by a moderator:
With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness and Terminal Spirit Disease are poor crappy boring albums.

Deicide and Six Feet Under blow and are the most overrated death metal bands in history.

Obituary are overrated.

I agree with all that shit. Only thing is I think that the new Deicide album is pretty decent, but Legion is fucking boring.

Blessed are the Sick is the most over rated MA album. I don't like that one or Domination. I could never find much I liked about either one of those albums for some reason. They're just not aesthetically pleasing to my ears, I guess.

Deicide and Six Feet Under blow and are the most overrated death metal bands in history.

Obituary are overrated.

In my opinion, any death metal band that receives high acclaim and recognition is overrated, especially since the majority of them are incredibly generic, such as Nile and Deicide. Popular culture tends to pick the most boring and unintelligent bands as their requisite "death metal" simply because they have some gimmick, like Egyptian mythology or Satanism.

In defense of Deicide, I'd like to say that the debut is an absolute, undisputed classic, and it makes my top 10 death metal list every time. However, I'll give you that every album after that, including Legion, which a lot of people inexplicably seem to love, I can take or leave.

Obituary are incredible, again, especially the debut.

Neither Angelcorpse nor Malevolent Creation will ever be able to touch the monstrous tower of horror that is the Morbid Angel oeuvre: the first five (!) albums are all genius.

Six Feet Under doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as any of the aforementioned bands.

In my opinion, any death metal band that receives high acclaim and recognition is overrated, especially since the majority of them are incredibly generic, such as Nile and Deicide. Popular culture tends to pick the most boring and unintelligent bands as their requisite "death metal" simply because they have some gimmick, like Egyptian mythology or Satanism.

I used to say the same shit about Nile. At first I loved them, then I hated them. They're did something a bit different & got a good sound of it. I came full circle on my feelings about them - I now love them again, more than I did at first. I saw them live & was blown away.