Controversial opinions on metal

When it comes to Disturbed, Id rather just be watching those YouTube videos we watched at MDF last year. Someone please post it.

Draiman has almost as annoying of a voice as Maynard James Keenan.

Comparing Maynard to the talentless wanky monkey boy makes me question your intelligence, but the fact you put him over Maynard confirms you truly are fucking retarded.

This is exactly the kind of faggotry this place is suffering from.

It's quite easy to shit on a nupop band and some yarling vocalist but I swear most of you guys just talk out of your asses.

It's ok if you can't tell shit from shit but you don't have to spread your retarded shit for the looks and turn this shit to an epidemy.

It's shit if you shit tell shit from shit but shit don't shit to spread shit retarded shit for the shits and shit this shit to a shit.

SHIT.

funny-memes-this-is-shit-getting-out-of-hand.jpg

I really don't like most avant garde metal. If these bands would just section out the music and draw them into individually longer songs it'd be sweet, but the whole 30 seconds of metal then a random trombone solo and two minutes of salsa really doesn't work for me. I overall think that juxtaposition, especially to such an extreme, is vastly inferior to a seamless melding of styles.

Seems pretty popular for some bizarre reason. Drugs, probably.

I really don't like most avant garde metal. If these bands would just section out the music and draw them into individually longer songs it'd be sweet, but the whole 30 seconds of metal then a random trombone solo and two minutes of salsa really doesn't work for me. I overall think that juxtaposition, especially to such an extreme, is vastly inferior to a seamless melding of styles.

Seems pretty popular for some bizarre reason. Drugs, probably.

Yea but what about a band like Arcturus, which you've undoubtedly heard? They 'section' off their songs - most have clear structures and each have different 'parts'...it really makes things epic in exactly the way you described.

Yea but what about a band like Arcturus, which you've undoubtedly heard? They 'section' off their songs - most have clear structures and each have different 'parts'...it really makes things epic in exactly the way you described.

Arcturus is cool, I actually really dig them. They also have a similar vein running through the entire song though. I'm talking about bands like... There was this one album called 'In a Flesh Aquarium' and I found it unbearable.

Well, with your hypersensitivity you make yourself such a easy target, man. Just accept the fact that people have opinions that you may not agree with. Your life will be a lot easier. Stop being a dick.

LOL! Are you serious? You obviously dont know how this forum works, and being that youre like a veteran of this place that "owns my ass", I figured youd know.

If Butt thought I was being a dick, hes a big boy and could tell me himself. Theres no need for your machismo to intervene. But knowing that hes not a faggot and can take harmless shit talking, I didnt think twice of it because its poking fun.

But just for you, from this point on Ill make sure to use my smile emoji icons when I make a post that doesnt involve you at all, but still could hurt your feelings, just so you know everything is kewl. K?

When it comes to Disturbed, Id rather just be watching those YouTube videos we watched at MDF last year. Someone please post it.

Comparing Maynard to the talentless wanky monkey boy makes me question your intelligence, but the fact you put him over Maynard confirms you truly are fucking retarded.

I look up to you from a musical taste standpoint, but Tool fucking sucks all around. Sorry bro. ;) It's okay though, everybody gets one.

(I USED A SMILIE SO UNEASY WONT GET SO UNEASY)

Tool got more boring with every album. Undertow and the second one (can never remember if Aenima or Lateralus came second) are good tho.

Ill gladly use my one pass on Tool.

So you cant appreciate them musically either? Man...Im by all means, not one of those Tool fanbois who think theyre the awaited Messiah, but I cannot fathom how you think they suck all around.

One thing Id like to point out about Tool is their live show. And even more specifically their sound live. I think theyve earned the title in my book for being the cleanest sounding live band Ive ever seen. It was fucking impeccable. Perfectly mixed, balanced and clear while still being fucking LOUD. Maynard would even go as far as to position himself in a way onstage to try and minimize the amount of musical interference from his bandmates gear coming in contact with his microphone. Which more often than not meant taking the spot light off himself, whos the main focus of the band, to concentrate solely on the music itself. I highly respect that detail of care to their musicianship.