Controversial opinions on metal

Tool are pretty great live. The sound when I saw them last was unbelievable. They really don't need to bother making another album though.

I personally cant toss out The Avenger, there are some bangers on that album. God, his son, and holy whore? Last With Pagan Blood? So good. I agree with the rest of those albums being thrown in the toilet, though.

The Crusher was a personal favorite of mine as well, its just inconsistent. Some really good tracks on it, but some really forgettable ones as well.

Eh, I feel Crusher is pretty consistent, with the exception of Risen From the Sea, and Avenger is the inconsistent one. Both are worth hearing, but I think The Crusher is worthier followup to Once Sent.

I've only heard Twilight of the Thunder God and after and I'd be kidding myself if those fucking songs were catchy as hell and fun to blast when drunk...

When I feel like I watch to self raped myself while Gehennah's "Say Hello to Mr. Fist" blasts as loud as possible on my radio.

I think most of the black metal bands are controversial. I don't say it's a bad (or a good) thing. They just are.

They are against religions (especially Christianity) but base their own beliefs on satanism etc. Satan and its cohorts in the circus of hell are all religious things and subjects. They just rebel against religions by forming their own "religion" and try to populate their own fundamentalistic ideology/ideologies. That is controversial.

Black metal is fascinating but naive in its own existence. That doesn't mean it's bad music or meaningless. Like stated it's fascinating... and controversial.

I think most of the black metal bands are controversial. I don't say it's a bad (or a good) thing. They just are.

They are against religions (especially Christianity) but base their own beliefs on satanism etc. Satan and its cohorts in the circus of hell are all religious things and subjects. They just rebel against religions by forming their own "religion" and try to populate their own fundamentalistic ideology/ideologies. That is controversial.

Black metal is fascinating but naive in its own existence. That doesn't mean it's bad music or meaningless. Like stated it's fascinating... and controversial.

Cool story!

It's fascinating that you use fascinating so much... Fascinating.

file.jpg

Pantera are over-rated. In fact, outside of Cowboys and a handful of tracks off of their albums after Im not their biggest fan.

Already said, but I have to echo this, King Diamond is an awful vocalist...