Controversial opinions on metal

Honestly there are a lot of shitty thrash bands in history, it's not just modern thrash. Today I listened to a sample of everything thrashmania had for download from 1992, and I liked mayyybe 2 bands out of 30+. The search is difficult but every now and then you find something worthwhile.

Are you saying that a lot of thrash bands were releasing mediocre stuff in 1992? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life.

Are you saying that a lot of thrash bands were releasing mediocre stuff in 1992? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life.

Then you haven't listened to enough thrash from 1992. That's one of my favorite years for thrash don't get me wrong. But there were tons of shitty bands and copycats back then too, you just don't hear about them unless you dig deep and look for them.

Just like in modern thrash. Only difference is shitty modern thrash bands are more visible because they have their own websites, bandcamp and youtube.

I listened to samples from about 30 shitty thrash albums from 1992 yesterday..

The cue is that thrash crashed in the 90s and everyone knows that. There was some good underground stuff but there was a huge dropoff in the quality of prominent thrash bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Kreator, etc. This is metal history 101 shit.

The cue is that thrash crashed in the 90s and everyone knows that. There was some good underground stuff but there was a huge dropoff in the quality of prominent thrash bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Kreator, etc. This is metal history 101 shit.

The crash was in 1993 or later not 1992.

Honestly there are a lot of shitty thrash bands in history, it's not just modern thrash. Today I listened to a sample of everything thrashmania had for download from 1992, and I liked mayyybe 2 bands out of 30+. The search is difficult but every now and then you find something worthwhile.

Nearly all subgrenres are watered down by disposable crap. But, yeah , thrash was seemingly victimized more than any other. ( although 95 % of death and black really suck copious amounts of moosecock.)

I think death metal and black metal are better in terms of average quality. However, when looking at that claim, bare in mind I don't really like any German thrash or new thrash, which I find to be especially goofy and soulless.

I think death metal and black metal are better in terms of average quality. However, when looking at that claim, bare in mind I don't really like any German thrash or new thrash, which I find to be especially goofy and soulless.

I think black metal has the highest percentage of soulless boring shit.

Most of basically everything sucks, right?

Except, like, cheeseburgers. Hard to fuck up a cheeseburger. And beer/liquor.