Controversial opinions on metal

The only one out of that list that I own is A Vision of Misery and it's a pretty average affair. Maybe the rest are all amazing. I'd moved on to death metal by 92.

Then what made you feel qualified to comment on the state of 1992 thrash so surely? Your loss. This was some of the most brutal thrash that would definitely appeal to a death metal fan. Solstice, Demolition Hammer, Cerebral Fix, Aspid, Entropy.

Just realized there are exactly 20 albums in that list. Time to rank them.

Aspid - Extravasation
Depressive Age - First Depression
Chemical Breath - Fatal Exposure
Despair - Beyond All Reason
Mekong Delta - Kaleidoscope
Demolition Hammer - Epidemic of Violence
Sadus - A Vision of Misery
Antidote - The Truth
Deathrow - Life Beyond
Typhoon - Take Good Care (thought this one was 1994 but whatevs)
Sodom - Tapping the Vein
Defiance - Beyond Recognition
Stygian - Planetary Destruction (really dislike this one and both below)
Entropy - Ashen Existence
Vulture - Easier to Lie

Top 6 are all worthy albums notable to some degree. Gets inconsistent after those.

Need to relisten:
Cerebral Fix - Death Erotica (Tower of Spite was an early favorite of mine, don't remember liking the other ones though)
Risk - The Reborn (pretty sure I've heard it once, maybe I haven't)

Haven't heard:
Fallen Angel - Faith Fails (never even heard of, in fact)
Tourniquet - Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance

It's only 2:05 am and all this Thrash talk makes me wanna head off to bed already.

Terrorizer's Hordes of Zombies isn't that great comparing to their glorious debut but I think it just got too much shit. The drums alone are top-notch and everything else is either above average or average.

Just realized there are exactly 20 albums in that list. Time to rank them.

Nice list. Did you forget Solstice? Surprised to see Antidote that low, but whatever. I'd go with:

Antidote - The Truth
Aspid - Extravasation
Typhoon - Take Good Care
Solstice - Solstice
Despair - Beyond All Reason
Mekong Delta - Kaleidoscope
Chemical Breath - Fatal Exposure
Vulture - Easier to Lie
Stygian - Planetary Destruction
Demolition Hammer - Epidemic of Violence
Defiance - Beyond Recognition
Sadus - A Vision of Misery
Entropy - Ashen Existence
Tourniquet - Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance
Cerebral Fix - Death Erotica
Deathrow - Life Beyond
Sodom - Tapping the Vein
Fallen Angel - Faith Fails
Depressive Age - First Depression
Risk - The Reborn

The Antidote album is OK, but I dunno, I start to zone out by the time its over, and to me it doesn't do anything that Stone didn't do a little earlier and a lot better.

And First Depression is awesome, no one played thrash like they did on their first two albums.

The Antidote album is OK, but I dunno, I start to zone out by the time its over, and to me it doesn't do anything that Stone didn't do a little earlier and a lot better.

And First Depression is awesome, no one played thrash like they did on their first two albums.

Can't stand the singer from Stone (but they do have quality guitar work), Antidote has more energy and wider vocal range. I'll have to give First Depression another listen. At least we agree Extravasation is amazing.