Controversial opinions on metal

Nah
Don't Break the Oath > Melissa.
Or if we even put KD album there too then I would say
Don't Break the Oath > Abigail > Melissa

everything king diamond-related tends to be a fucking mess in general, and only DBTO has ideas and an overall sound great enough to get away with it for me. minority opinion though i know.

Zeppelin are not better, and i personally don't consider them to be metal at all. The rest of the bands you mentioned are pretty much traditional heavy metal bands, not the hard rock/hm bands of the 70's. How are Maiden and Mercyful Fate hard rock? The first JP album was HR, but can't even stand in the shadow of the great DP albums. Scorpions are also one of the greats, i'll give you that ... but i wouldn't say they're better than DP ... not even close imo. Anyway, i was actually asking for names of hr/hm bands from around the early 70's.

def leppard is garbage.

Lets complain about lyrics and materialism and then post some of the gayest 80's glam bands of all time. :rolleyes: ... not geared towards you Luc.

Zeppelin are not better, and i personally don't consider them to be metal at all. The rest of the bands you mentioned are pretty much traditional heavy metal bands, not the hard rock/hm bands of the 70's. How are Maiden and Mercyful Fate hard rock? The first JP album was HR, but can't even stand in the shadow of the great DP albums. Scorpions are also one of the greats, i'll give you that ... but i wouldn't say they're better than DP ... not even close imo. Anyway, i was actually asking for names of hr/hm bands from around the early 70's.

def leppard is garbage.

Lets complain about lyrics and materialism and then post some of the gayest 80's glam bands of all time. :rolleyes: ... not geared towards you Luc.

I see, I wasn't completely into the subject. I thought you were wondering in general which Hard Rock/Heavy Metal bands that were/are better than DP.

you were wondering in general which Hard Rock/Heavy Metal bands that were/are better than DP.

Well some of the bands you listed aren't hard rock at all. Regardless though, you're wrong. Because none of those bands are better than DP, regardless of their genre.

Yes, they're better than Maiden, better than MF and wayyyyy better than priest. *Let me put on my internet armor and be prepared for the onslaught of attacks i'm about to be bombarded with.* ;)

Well you said HR/HM so I thought you wanted examples from any of those genres but I guess you were talking about bands that are HR and on the edge of HM? Otherwise I do not see the problem. Also I find DP extremely boring studio and live (still respect their material and what it has done for other bands).