Controversial opinions on metal

Yes, but was he not trying to imply that Manilla Roads first four albums are just as god as Slayers?

david is malignparadigm not rms. rms was implying that CRYSTAL LOGIC through THE DELUGE was as good as SHOW NO MERCY through REIGN IN BLOOD ya. i was just saying to rms that i don't think david was talking about '83-'86 specifically

So you basically listen to goofy garbage like Kings X, Nevermore, Helloween etc on a regular basis and those songs come off as goofy to you???? :lol: Get the fuck outta here with that shit man. I'm not even going to bother asking you how or why those songs are even close to being any more goofy than the rest of the shit i had posted ... i'm afraid that all im going to get is another idiotic trollish response.

edit: Man, looking at that list is just blowing my mind. Not sure if you're being serious.

being crazy, ridiculous, or mildly ludicrous : silly <a goofy sense of humor> <that hat looks goofy>

I didn't say goofy was necessarily a bad thing, and yes, Helloween is goofy as fuck. So is Megadeth.

david is malignparadigm not rms. rms was implying that CRYSTAL LOGIC through THE DELUGE was as good as SHOW NO MERCY through REIGN IN BLOOD ya. i was just saying to rms that i don't think david was talking about '83-'86 specifically

thanks dog.

This discussion inspired me to give Coroner another listen, never clicked with me but the first two I am diggginnnnn

Megadeth is certainly goofy in a sense, but they have a lot better qualities that I would prefer to focus on. If we're being honest, most metal is goofy, if you look at it cynically enough. Being a metalhead requires a pretty high tolerance for cheese.

Okay, which 'jump the shark' album would you rather listen to:

Metallica - Load
Megadeth - Risk
Corrosion of Conformity - America's Volume Dealer
Carcass - Swansong

Don't be a homer. You have to choose one.

Metallica - Load
Megadeth - Risk
Carcass - Swansong

Load is a good album with a lot of filler. I haven't given that CoC much time, but the other two are shit.

What's the best Type O Negative album?

Slow, Deep and Hard. But pretty much everything except Origin of the Feces is quality.

How do y'all feel about Bloody Kisses? It gets a bad rap amongst 'real' metal fans it seems, probably because its too romantic and feminine and teenage girls love it. But fantastic fucking stuff IMO

World Coming Down
Slow, Deep and Hard
October Rust
Life Is Killing Me
Dead Again
Bloody Kisses

By no means do I feel Bloody Kisses is a bad album, far from it. Its just that its the one I reach for the least when I'm in the mood for Type O. Hearing a good number of the songs several times before I actually bought the album probably has something to do with that.

WCD
OR
BK
DA
SDH
LIKM

October rust was my first type o. My first college roommate back in 1997 had the cd. Ive loved the band ever since

Metallica - Load
Megadeth - Risk
Carcass - Swansong

Load. I don't think Load is that bad. There are a bunch of pretty good songs on there, albeit obviously not thrash and often not really metal.