Controversial opinions on metal

Yeah honestly most of Black Sabbath is boring. They obviously have some amazing songs though. My favorite is still Heaven and Hell (which I'm sure is controversial)

The sound on Watchtower's two masterpieces : Energetic Dissasembly + Control & Resistance mostly ruins the music for me. The guitars are thin, the excellent riffs can barely be discerned, and the vocals arent too great either therefore I mostly find myself listening to other (not even close to the same in technical or chaos factor) tech bands like Toxik, Coroner, etc.

Everyone could really benefit from a rerecording of those albums.

If I had to listen too that Ozzy song changes all day I'd fucking kill myself.

I really enjoy Blizzard of Ozz all the way through. Thankfully I never heard him much on the radio as a kid, so Crazy Train suffers no overplaying for me. Mr. Tinkertrain, on the other hand, is probably my least favorite song about pedophilia.

I kinda agree with HamburgerBoy on Black Sabbath and the filler department. Most of their albums are just boring as fuck, sorry.

I'm not saying the albums are bad at all, just that most of the Ozzy ones have at least one song that seems pretty unnecessary. They actually got more consistent once Dio joined, but at the expense of less 10/10 total classic songs.

The sound on Watchtower's two masterpieces : Energetic Dissasembly + Control & Resistance mostly ruins the music for me. The guitars are thin, the excellent riffs can barely be discerned, and the vocals arent too great either therefore I mostly find myself listening to other (not even close to the same in technical or chaos factor) tech bands like Toxik, Coroner, etc.

Everyone could really benefit from a rerecording of those albums.

If anything I think liking the production on those would be controversial, which I support. I love how wiry the guitar tone is on the debut, contrasted with that really up-front bass and those electric drum fills everywhere, really distills that 80s dystopian sound. I definitely wish more of the tech-thrash scene tried to do what they did. I think the closest thing I've ever found to an Energetic Disassembly soundalike is from an avant-prog/RIO band of all things, Thinking Plague's Warheads. Watchtower is just so fucking good.

Consider my question applicable to you too. What is the worst song on the first two Dio Sabbath albums, E5150 aside?

I'm not saying the albums are bad at all, just that most of the Ozzy ones have at least one song that seems pretty unnecessary. They actually got more consistent once Dio joined, but at the expense of less 10/10 total classic songs.

GoT-5-grammar-2.gif