Controversial opinions on metal

@Stannis: :lol:

Just about everything minus the songs i posted earlier are better than Walk Away, Voodoo and Slipping Away. Still not saying those tracks are bad ... far from it. Their fist five are all more consistent than their first two with Dio. *Heaven and Hell comes pretty close though.

That's still basically my point; the previously mentioned songs are clearly weaker (except Megalomania, no idea where you got that from bruh). Those three Dio-Sabbath songs are still perfectly fine anyways, less notable but no worse than songs like St. Vitus Dance or Tomorrow's Dream. Looking for Today is pretty weak too; would be a decent song maybe on par with those Dio songs, but that chorus is beyond awful.

Consider my question applicable to you too. What is the worst song on the first two Dio Sabbath albums, E5150 aside?

Lady Evil
Voodoo

Good songs, but worse than the literal worst songs from the original eight Ozzy Sabbath albums.

Disagree all you guys want, I believe the first eight are beyond criticism.

Yea, Lady Evil isnt all that great either.

Megalomania isn't a bad track at all, just far from being one of their better ones.

Basically my point is that you are wrong for saying that they "got more consistent once Dio joined". That is just plain ridiculous.

To be honest I adore both the Ozzy and Dio era albums. Nearly equally as well, but in different ways. Tbh I believe Sabbath has only put out a few bad albums, those being Seventh Star, and every Tony Martin album minus Cross Purposes which is pretty good.

I thought the title track from Headless Cross was nice. Actually here's a really controversial opinion, that album is one of their best, for all of it's 80s flamboyance, that everyone in the mid to late 90s and early 2000s will have hated.

I don't really know. I might listen to loads of their albums a few times later. I'm in the mood for the post ozzy stuff anyway.

All I know is this Saturday I'm gonna jam out to some fucking Rainbow, Dio, and the trinity of Heaven and Hell/Mob Rules/Dehumanizer over a 28-pack of strong beers, in celebration of Dio's life.

The Ozzy stuff bores me about 80% of the time. I'd honestly rather listen to Cross Purposes than something like Vol. 4 or Sabotage.

Give me solo Ozzy to Ozzy Sabbath any day.

Also, I know I've said it before, but Hole in the Sky is one of Sabbath's very worst songs of the 70s and is pretty much responsible for every derivative stoner/"desert" rock shitfest of the 90s.

Masters of Reality and Volume 4 are much more responsible than that one song tbh. Also I much prefer Hole in the Sky to Iron Man.

They have cases of 28 beers in Canada? Fucking plebs. Can't even get the supremacy of America that is 30 packs (or 36 that is Boxer).

It must suck to live in such a cuntingly horrible environment.

Masters of Reality and Volume 4 are much more responsible than that one song tbh. Also I much prefer Hole in the Sky to Iron Man.

Well, Vol 4 is an iconic album in its own right, but I mean the buttrocking variety of stoner e.g. Monster Magnet & co.

They have cases of 28 beers in Canada? Fucking plebs. Can't even get the supremacy of America that is 30 packs (or 36 that is Boxer).

They have 28 packs of James Ready 5.5%, which is a pretty rockin' beer. One bottle and you'll be hooked. A couple years ago (before I met the gf) I downed 16 one night, then half a bottle of whiskey and was stumbling like a fucking idiot. Then that night I got my dick sucked while listening to The Chasm and simultaneously downing another beer.

How's that for cuntingly horrible environment. :v

But what volume are these bottles/cans? I dunno what they're like in Canada, but aren't most cans in the US lame little 355ml ones?

30*355ml = 10,650ml

Shop down the road from me has 24 packs of 500ml cans.

24*500ml = 12,000ml