Controversial opinions on metal

You don't get killed for wearing Hot Topic clothing, you're not more likely to be assaulted for wearing Hot Topic clothing, you aren't likely to be kicked out of your apartment/housing for wearing Hot Topic clothing, you're not more likely to commit suicide because you wear Hot Topic Clothing, etc.

Says what studies? You're talking out of your ass.

Anyways, lets move back to the topic at hand:

John Haughm would be better off continuing his exploration of ambient music than he would going forward with Agalloch. His last two collaborations with Mathias Grassow have been far better than anything Agalloch has done since after Ashes.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Maybe Agalloch has suffered because of Mosaic & Aurae. I couldn't even hear what Haughm added to those albums over what Grassow does and both are forgettable. Maybe Haughm needs to stick to Agalloch or Agalloch doesn't need him.

Speaking of forgettable: Manilla Road.

I've got most of the lyrics from Invasion and Crystal Logic forever burned into my brain, so not very forgettable.

I've began to realize Manilla Road seems to be a band that, if someone else likes them also, I seem to have a bit of common ground with them in metal in general. Not everything but it's definitely there. If they don't like Manilla Road, it tends to go in an opposite direction and we have very little in common with the metal we like.

As cliched as it might sound if you consider yourself a fan of the genre and you happen to have long hair and/or a mess of facial hair and you wear band tshirts too sometimes then it's definitely not a coincidence that you look like a typical metalhead. You obviously have followed the herd yet you bitch how your taste has been developed distinctively.

You consistently embarrass yourself in here.
The way you dress is benign in terms of individuality, your mind, the way you think, is individuality.

That Manilla Road song above is almost OK, but it's still way too repetitive. I'd still pick Whitechapel.

That Manilla Road song above is almost OK, but it's still way too repetitive. I'd still pick Whitechapel.

b-marathon-trophy-0279.jpg

As cliched as it might sound if you consider yourself a fan of the genre and you happen to have long hair and/or a mess of facial hair and you wear band tshirts too sometimes then it's definitely not a coincidence that you look like a typical metalhead. You obviously have followed the herd yet you bitch how your taste has been developed distinctively.

Looking like a "typical metalhead" does not necessarily indicate a herd mentality; if someone is drawn to the music, it makes sense that they would also be drawn to the fashion aesthetic that complements the music. Why is it that people don't make the inverse claim, that just because you have long hair and wear band t-shirts doesn't mean you have to listen to metal?

Re EM: Yeah I love those "I listen to everything" people. I've met exactly one that included things outside of the top 40 station lists out of I've lost count how many who made the claim.

Next time you encounter someone using that phrase, ask them what klemzer bands they like.

I love the beginning of third verse in Necropolis

the world is full of mysteries
that men have never seen before
magik lives in all dynasties
the light of love shines ever more

You consistently embarrass yourself in here.
The way you dress is benign in terms of individuality, your mind, the way you think, is individuality.

I embarrass myself? Your posts here and in the other thread make me feel like I'm dropping some IQ points. You asked which Darkthrone stuff weren't metal like you haven't ever listened to The Cult is Alive, FOAD and everything they made after. However I shouldn't be surprised if you said the stuff was "metal to me" (the dumb poser line you kept embarrassing yourself with). I stopped answering simply because I gave up on your ignorance. At least on the other subject Mort Divine was trying to narrow down a fingerprint for Industrial Metal while there isn't really one for it, but you're just a waste of time.

Edit: Oh btw, I'm going out of town for a few days, so if you've got anything to say before I catch you don't take my silence as whatever stupid you might make out of it in your mind.

Looking like a "typical metalhead" does not necessarily indicate a herd mentality; if someone is drawn to the music, it makes sense that they would also be drawn to the fashion aesthetic that complements the music. Why is it that people don't make the inverse claim, that just because you have long hair and wear band t-shirts doesn't mean you have to listen to metal?

No, not necessarily, but usually it seems.