Controversial opinions on metal

as i already stated in my earlier, deleted post, mosen is an eloquent, erudite poster and this forum wouldn't be the same without his insightful and charming contributions.

and garbage is still garbage.

Why do you spread it by hitting "submit post" then? :Spin:

And just as an aside, saying that Quorthon is a "garbage" singer, that later Bathory is garbage, or any variation thereof, is a less verbose way of saying "My opinion on anything, ever, is not to be trusted."

Exactly!
Well, honestly, I stopped trusting his opinion right after he put a Marilyn Manson album in his favourite Metal albums of all time list.

I'm an elitist asshole.

I bet if Artillery had known people like you would've eventually started listening to them, I bed they'd have disbanded after Fear of Tomorrow. B^)

They're completely different albums. I prefer Fear of Tomorrow as well, but Terror Squad had some of the tightest/choppiest riffing of its time. A Bathory fan using the phrase "pretty fucking snooze" to describe early Artillery is a riot.

You think Bathory is a snoozefest?
Terror Squad is cool, gets some listens from me often enough, I just don't see it as any kind of standout.

There are a few highlights here and there, but by and large Bathory is incompetent music for closeted Virgin Steele fans. Blood Fire Death and Requiem are alright as full albums though.

Screenshot_2015_07_29_04_00_07_1_1.png

There are a few highlights here and there, but by and large Bathory is incompetent music for closeted Virgin Steele fans. Blood Fire Death and Requiem are alright as full albums though.

Random association, I fucking love Blood On Ice, Hammerheart and Twilight of the Gods.
I love everything pre-1991 and of course the Nordland albums.

I'm also a fan of Virgin Steele, definitely.