Controversial opinions on metal

I don't think that I'd go see Rob Zombie. I don't care about him being true metal or anything. I just don't really like his music. The first White Zombie album was his best work.

wacken was already on the downslide in the mid-00s. music was getting worse and way more assholes started turning up, used to be a lot more chill and tasteful all round. i haven't been since '07 though and can't imagine rob zombie headlining a stage back then, so i guess maybe it's gotten worse still (although i like rob zombie 'cause of his movies!)

Rob Zombie's movies exactly reflect his music career in my opinion, did some decent shit in the beginning, flopped brutally afterwards.

Who the fuck remakes Halloween? The guy is a tit-head.

Lords of Salem should have been better, but it was good. It was not typically what I expected coming from Rob Zombie. The Devils Rejects is good fun and hopefully he does something along those lines.

I also know a lot of people who hate any excessive screaming or growling in their vocals, but that doesnt mean it is controversial in the context of metal. Id say it would be more controversial 'not' to like Baker's vocals if you are into metal. Imo he's a great vocalist, so you have no opposition from me either.