Controversial opinions on metal

Also, while I wouldn't say JP's Demolition is one of their best beyond the 70s, it is a good album. Better than Defenders, at least.

the worst stuff on DEFENDERS is rancid but it has all-time classics like 'the sentinel' and 'jawbreaker'. i'd say at least half is worthy material if not more.

the worst stuff on DEFENDERS is rancid but it has all-time classics like 'the sentinel' and 'jawbreaker'. i'd say at least half is worthy material if not more.

I would agree with you. I never listen to the '80s Priest with any regularity, but most of those albums have at least a few great tracks on them.

Yeah, Defenders and Ram it Down are the only albums of the 80s with some real crap on them. The others are all pretty consistent to me, especially SFV.

That's because you're not smart enough to understand it ;)

EDIT: This is the controversial opinions thread. If it is taking you this long to understand the premise of the thread (ie: People share opinions on metal you don't necessarily have and/or like), the problem is you. It's like you read the thread title and think 'Hmm, controversial opinions on metal. I wonder if the thread is people sharing the same opinions because that's not boring and expected. Seems like fun!' and then you come in and get butthurt or whine that you don't understand someone's opinion when the point of the thread is to share the opinions that no one would typically have.

Most opinions I share in this thread are ones I actually hold. Those could change in another 3-4 years. There are some I post as discussion points (ie: Ones I don't hold but think it's an interesting viewpoint).

I remember Pain and Pleasure being a bit of a dud.

I would've said 'Fever' myself if I were on the other end of the spectrum, but my opinion is that it's one of the better Priest ballads.

The Hellion doesn't count either because it's basically merged with Electric Eye in radio play and when Priest plays live. This was probably their intention with the record, but I don't have anything to back that up right now.

I love ballads, I just remember thinking Pleasure and Pain was really corny and a bit pissweak or something.

Pain and Pleasure is even worse when your lady puts the idea in your head that it's about Halford getting rammed in the butt.

She always does that shit to me though, like with Ram It Down and Jawbreaker.

That's because you're not smart enough to understand it ;)

EDIT: This is the controversial opinions thread. If it is taking you this long to understand the premise of the thread (ie: People share opinions on metal you don't necessarily have and/or like), the problem is you. It's like you read the thread title and think 'Hmm, controversial opinions on metal. I wonder if the thread is people sharing the same opinions because that's not boring and expected. Seems like fun!' and then you come in and get butthurt or whine that you don't understand someone's opinion when the point of the thread is to share the opinions that no one would typically have.

Most opinions I share in this thread are ones I actually hold. Those could change in another 3-4 years. There are some I post as discussion points (ie: Ones I don't hold but think it's an interesting viewpoint).

Not understanding your opinion and not understanding the purpose of the thread aren't at all related. Don't posture so much because I calmly stated that I don't get your opinion.

"Island of Domination" and "Starbreaker" are probably the earliest super gay Priest songs. They're also awesome.

If I was going to be totally honest, a lot of the opinions that you express show a strong preference for mediocrity over good songwriting and musicianship.

Take it as you will, whether an insult or a compliment.