Controversial opinions on metal

Eaten Back To Life is the only listenable shit they did.

Cause of Death has horrible production, ugh.

Cause of Death sounds good, the original version is just mastered at a lower volume, but it was remastered in 98 or around then. I'm not for remastering albums especially if I like the way they original sound though.

I think that CIG expressed a preference for mid-period Opeth and an interest in their new music, which is a very unsafe opinion for a strictly true metal tryhard.

As for Obituary, the few tracks that I heard were boring so I wouldn't know what. Whole album is like.

You guys are way more predictable than me, fuck outta here.
Last night I was cranking Aretha Franklin, what were you buttbabies listening to? Some weak ass sub-standard Death Metal by some already long-in-the-tooth band recycling their more predictable choice albums because their debuts were their best shit, like most are?

Oh and it's WAY more predictable to think Tomb of the Mutilated is Cannibal Corpse's best album.

I think Omni, deep down, is one of those cliquish preppy girls whose life revolves around fashion and identity. She just had a few wires crossed along the way and now uses Dodens grav's opinions on music as the pinnacle of personal aesthetic.

That's weird considering how often he and I disagree on a lot of bands and because I like a lot of music that he would never listen to. He's pretty grumpy and doesn't even talk to me anymore because I won't use Facebook to communicate with him.

You guys are way more predictable than me, fuck outta here.
Last night I was cranking Aretha Franklin, what were you buttbabies listening to? Some weak ass sub-standard Death Metal by some already long-in-the-tooth band recycling their more predictable choice albums because their debuts were their best shit, like most are?

Oh and it's WAY more predictable to think Tomb of the Mutilated is Cannibal Corpse's best album.

I don't think a lot of the debuts by death metal acts are the best, but you all think most anything past the first two albums from bands are shit so what do I know? In fact, when there was Obituary talk I was going to drop the fact that I like World Demise the most out of all the Obituary albums.

That's weird considering how often he and I disagree on a lot of bands and because I like a lot of music that he would never listen to. He's pretty grumpy and doesn't even talk to me anymore because I won't use Facebook to communicate with him.

Were you on the Metal-Rules forum too? I could add Vic as well.

I don't think a lot of the debuts by death metal acts are the best, but you all think most anything past the first two albums from bands are shit so what do I know? In fact, when there was Obituary talk I was going to drop the fact that I like World Demise the most out of all the Obituary albums.

Funnily enough I actually like that album too, it's the only other one I like, it has a Sludge Metal vibe kinda.

I don't think only debuts are good, I just happen to think that for a select bunch of bands, there are other bands that are consistent as fuck to me.
The stupidity on your part is attempting to predict someone like me, you're only going to make a dick out of yourself and come across as a bit condescending.

Funnily enough I actually like that album too, it's the only other one I like, it has a Sludge Metal vibe kinda.

I don't think only debuts are good, I just happen to think that for a select bunch of bands, there are other bands that are consistent as fuck to me.
The stupidity on your part is attempting to predict someone like me, you're only going to make a dick out of yourself and come across as a bit condescending.

If anything that album combines groove metal and death metal perfectly. Perfect handbanger type album

I haven't made a dick out of myself yet because as I've stated before my intuition is correct >90% of the time. When I'm wrong about something, I own up to it. If that's condescending, then fine. At least I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong ;-)

Not that I mind being called predictable, I like what I like and express it bluntly, I'm picky as fuck too.
Meanwhile you plonks jump around in Deathcore and Metalcore, listen to corny, bland "extreme" Metal and fap over atmospheric/DSBM bands, if I have to do all that bollocks just to be unpredictable, I'll happily pass and spend my time tracking down obscure Sludge Metal and worshipping Morbid Visions.

Big-Lebowski-the-dude-white-russian-.jpg

I chuckled at that post and I'll give you credit. You stick to your guns like I do. I don't listen to metalcore as much as I used to because it doesn't appeal to me anymore outside of maybe 1-2 bands.

I think we all stick to our guns, but it's just easy to shit on the guy that you disagree with a lot of the time.

Hell, my favourite band of all time is The Dubliners and I have a huge Enya collection, it's just that this is a Metal forum.