Controversial opinions on metal

I love Plug-In Jesus but haven't gotten into Wreckage in Flesh, although I haven't heard it in a really long time. Sort of like the Plasmatic's Maggots iirc, it's supposed to be metallic, melodic, and ambitious compared to their early stuff, but something really awkward about the execution in how you can still totally tell it's a punk band trying to play metal. Not as bad as Discharge's metal stuff or anything, but eh.

But maybe I'd like it more now.

Reactions: JontRevolting
English Dogs is a band I never gave more than 5 minutes of playtime. I'm listening to 'The Eye of Shamahn' and yeah, this just sounds like crappy heavy/thrash metal. The riffing is just a little too slow for thrash, the drumming too bouncy and not hard enough, and that melody in the middle sounds kinda like someone struggling to play the Pac-Man jingle. It's like bad Anthrax, but worse.

EDIT: tbh I really dislike crossover on the whole though. The only bands to do it right for me were on the musically ambitious side and had influences past straight punk rock, like early Anacrusis or The Word As Law-era Neurosis.

Or the dirtier/crusty ones like Indestroy and Cerebral Fix, they're cool. I really hate pre-hardcore punk rock tbh.

One guy that's banned now, you mean.

So many of you guys like to talk about overrated things here.... Jesus fucking Christ Vektor is overrated here.

Still waiting to hear when I said I'd never listened to Skeletonwitch btw.

same

\ˈsām\
adjective
: not different
: exactly like someone or something else
: not changed : exactly like an earlier version, event, etc.

Full Definition
1a :resembling in every relevant respect
b :conforming in every respect
—used with as

This can easily be interpreted that way without mincing words to any degree. I don't think you meant that but that is what you said.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-03-22-07-13-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-03-22-07-13-1.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 10
I just looked up their album art for every album. Most of them do have that lowest common denominator "scary" metal art that I hate, so I can see that being a repellent.

One guy that's banned now, you mean.

So many of you guys like to talk about overrated things here.... Jesus fucking Christ Vektor is overrated here.

It's even worse other places. I like Vektor, but yeah, they're not gods or anything remotely close.

I don't see how they're overrated, pretty much only Baroque and TB speak highly about them. Four of you already wrote they're overrated. Nah, I don't see how they're overrated on the whole board.

I just wish they didn't get stuck in a specific sound so quickly. It's great that they have an adoring fanbase, but I think it made them hesitant to change their sound much. The newest songs on Black Future were generally the best they ever did, and the kind of songs I'd put close to even some of my favorites of the 80s/early 90s, but Outer Isolation was so much retread.

Also, for a tech-thrash band their drumming is pretty fucking boring.