Controversial opinions on metal

7.5/10. Reasonably good shit to listen to, not mindblowing. Granted I only heard all of Black Future and a few random tracks with cool titles that didn't impress as much.

Controversial opinion? Picking your first listen based on cool name or artwork, not youtube views?

How blasphemous is it to think that Ildjarn is the best musician of 1990s Norwegian black metal? That's been my opinion for years.

Reactions: The Butt
How blasphemous is it to think that Ildjarn is the best musician of 1990s Norwegian black metal? That's been my opinion for years.

I'm thinking somewhere along anusian elitism or something. I can listen to Forest Poetry when I want my brain raped.

iow it's evil and shit. (y)

He is one of the best. Burzum is my pick though for "Best of 1990s Norwegian black metal".

I can't think of many metal bands that are more different from each other than Sort Vokter and Vektor.

I, too, really love Ildjarn. The demo compilation has some amazing stuff. I even really love that new split with Hate Forest that was actually new stuff and not old recordings.

I think I actually prefer Hate Forest to Ildjarn. Not talking about the split as much as their entire discographies. The split doesn't say much anyway. Both epic black metals though.

EDIT: Reminds me that I never even tried Blood of Kingu. Any opinions/album recs?

Blood of Kingu is pretty boring. The vocals are the only unique thing going on in that band.

I don't think that anyone here cares about your opinions on black metal at all since you act like it beat you up and stole your lunch money every time that it's discussed.

Reactions: CiG and The Butt
Some black metal is good, others I don't really like but I can see why others would. Right after DSBM and maybe the more obnoxious symphoblack bands, whatever style Hate Forest is considered exists right near at the bottom.