Controversial opinions on metal

I had a Converge album Jane Doe but got rid of it it did nothing for me and I think at the time I was more into Doomsword, TLWSF and BM and stuff, just didn't get the hype. I love proper hardcore especially Negative Approach but not that whiny shit.

That was a mistake as Jane Doe is arguably their best album although I'd put it equal to You Fail Me.

I had a Converge album Jane Doe but got rid of it it did nothing for me and I think at the time I was more into Doomsword, TLWSF and BM and stuff, just didn't get the hype. I love proper hardcore especially Negative Approach but not that whiny shit.

I sampled Jane Doe and came to the same conclusion. Of course you don't get the whole picture with a sample but meh. I'll explore it again at some point.

This is one of the very rare instances you will see me agreeing with Mort. The NWOAHM isn't a real thing.

Aside from the groove tinges and the vocals, they're about as core and breakdowny as one can get.

Reactions: CiG
I find that many of Mort's opinions about metal music are good. I don't agree with all of his opinions on the subject, but he's far more reliable for that than a lot of other people on this site.

Reactions: CiG
I find that many of Mort's opinions about metal music are good. I don't agree with all of his opinions on the subject, but he's far more reliable for that than a lot of other people on this site.

I can definitely agree with that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Wave_of_American_Heavy_Metal

Not sure what this would indicate, but it appears to be a musical movement back when I was a young adult.

It's just a sly way to get alternative Metal treated as a trve Metal thing.

Meh.

Maybe that title was changed to Metalcore as I see a bunch of bands that appear on list of featured NWOAHM to be considered Metalcore according to the posts here. Crap, I'm just getting old...

I've never heard much Velvet Underground in Lamb of God or Chimaira tbh.

Oh God hahahahaha, fuck off with that debate you cunt! You complete bastard.
Whatever the fuck word works better than alternative, that's what I mean.

tumblr_nr6d84zUIw1s4wsgso1_500.jpg