Controversial opinions on metal

hobo-with-a-shotgun-05.jpg

I only ever listened to Sacrament, but it was a thoroughly solid album. Never heard them referred to as any kind of core. I tend to lump LoG, along with Devildriver and Chimera and shit, into a genre of my own design called 'Tough guy metal'. You can pretty much assume any brootal layman enjoys at least one tough guy metal band, probably all of them.

There would be a huge feeling of shame/loss of pride involved if I were to purchase an album from any of these bands...is it worth the risk are any of them actually good? I think it would be a far safer option to just spend that money on weirdo Finnish outsider power electronics instead.

Reactions: CiG
There would be a huge feeling of shame/loss of pride involved if I were to purchase an album from any of these bands...is it worth the risk are any of them actually good? I think it would be a far safer option to just spend that money on weirdo Finnish outsider power electronics instead.
Wrath and Sacrament are okay. More melodic and less "tough guy" than their previous efforts.

There's nothing wrong with black metal, I'm just not that big a fan. Only a few black metal bands impress me enough to listen...Burzum, Enslaved, Immortal to name a few---Not sure if you can call Deafheaven black metal but I can appreciate their style as well.

If everyone would just agree to call Agalloch and Deafheaven black metal, then a helluva lot of unnecessary nitpicking will be avoided. People don't have much of a problem calling Summoning black metal, oddly enough.