Controversial opinions on metal

Well he does sound like a broken record. We get it, you dont like black metal.

I dont like Judas Priest, but every time they are discussed i roll my eyes and leave the thread. Simple

It's very important that we are constantly reminded of his opinion about black metal every single time that black metal or any black metal artist is mentioned in any context other than in the black metal topic.

Reactions: The Butt and CiG
i don't care much about LOTR but DOL GULDUR has great riffs imho. summoning can be fairly cheeseball at times, and increasingly redundant, but their best stuff is glorious.

people who like trad metal but not fantasy have either been reading the wrong fantasy or are fundamentally confused.

It's very important that we are constantly reminded of his opinion about black metal every single time that black metal or any black metal artist is mentioned in any context other than in the black metal topic.

Compared to those that have to remind us how true they are and how much they hate *core or tuffguy metal. Most people in this thread spend their time saying "X is shit". Get over it.

i don't care much about LOTR but DOL GULDUR has great riffs imho. summoning can be fairly cheeseball at times, and increasingly redundant, but their best stuff is glorious.

people who like trad metal but not fantasy have either been reading the wrong fantasy or are fundamentally confused.

I like fantasy, but LOTR type stuff and everything from that general area gets old fast. That goes for music and vidya alike. These days I don't read much outside of papers related to my research so I don't even have much of an opinion there.

i love some of the harry potter films but daniel radcliffe is a bellend of the first order

re hamburgayboy: if by 'general area' you mean high fantasy with clichés like elves/dwarves + an obsession with worldbuilding at the expense of characterisation or interesting themes, then yeah that shit sucks. way too sweeping to say it applies to all high fantasy though.