Controversial opinions on metal

Nah. Just that the world is a slightly worse place with you on board.

But hey, it's alright! Can't all be winners.

Last edited:
i probs prefer the debut. i like the style of di anno era maiden more than bruce era, it's just a lot more spontaneous and alive + less saccharine, but PIECE OF MIND is probably their most consistently good record.

Reactions: CiG
Killers and Piece of Mind are the two best. As long as everyone acknowledges that the first five are by far the best five I'm OK though.

Piece Of Mind is an unequivocal masterpiece, next for me is their debut, then Powerslave, then The Number Of The Beast and then Killers.
Maybe if I re-listened to them right now I'd have a different opinion or some shit.

Yeah, they're just as good the rest of their earlier albums*(minus their debut)* if you ask me. Im not that big a fan of Maiden anyway. I think they're one of those bands that have a number of great songs, but most of their albums are rather inconsistent. I also remember Bruce sounding pretty good on Seventh Son, and im not even a fan of his vox.

Last edited:
Yeah, they're just as good the rest of their earlier albums if you ask me. Im not that big a fan of Maiden anyway. I think they're one of those bands that have a number of great songs, but most of their albums are rather inconsistent. I also remember Bruce sounding pretty good on Seventh Son, and im not even a fan of his vox.

It took hearing most of Seventh Son live to get me to really love that album. Hearing The Clairvoyant live was an experience I can't describe.