Controversial opinions on metal

Because Summoning has muh vikings. People would call Kent black metal if they threw a drawing of Odin on a cover.

Reactions: CiG
If everyone would just agree to call Agalloch and Deafheaven black metal, then a helluva lot of unnecessary nitpicking will be avoided. People don't have much of a problem calling Summoning black metal, oddly enough.

Not that I don't like Agalloch, because I'm a big fan but I'm pretty sure we could create a genre for them. Starbucks metal, perhaps?

Reactions: CiG
I just assumed tbh. What are they? Lord of the Rings? All I know is that their music is riffless "symphonic" trash.

Honest question, do people actually like Lord of the Rings? I mean, a lot of people seem to like Blind Guardian and Burzum so I guess they do, but it seems kinda embarrassing to me.

Maybe your imagination was defunct when you were a kid. LotR as a series is a must read for everyone. Hobbit was not as interesting as LotR for me but how can one does not feel excitement as a kid when Bilbo and crew entered Mirkwood?

Reactions: The Butt
High fantasy has a really low imagination pre-requisite. The author always spells everything out for the reader.

Honest question, do people actually like Lord of the Rings? I mean, a lot of people seem to like Blind Guardian and Burzum so I guess they do, but it seems kinda embarrassing to me.

I don't like any of these Harry Potter movies or whatever.

I don't think he was jizzing over Lamb of God as much as saying black metal is shit and he needs to stop because I'm getting tired of it.

I was talking more specifically about Summoning in that post, who are arguably more pseduo symphonycore than black metal.