Controversial opinions on metal

DEFENDERS has a couple of priest's best songs and also some of their absolute worst, so it's a pretty hard album to evaluate, but i'd much rather have never heard PAINKILLER than never heard the best songs on DEFENDERS.

ehh that's arguably the best on PAINKILLER but it doesn't really compete with anything on the DEFENDERS a-side, least of all 'the sentinel'. the b-side is a different story.

Good. But how can someone like Malmsteen and thrash/death metal, but not Exmortus? They're basically the combination of the two.

Probably because the kind of Thrash Metal and Death Metal I listen to isn't really that related to the sound Exmortus have. I do see the Malmsteen comparison though, but I only really like early Malmsteen so maybe it's a bit tenuous for the era I appreciate.

Maybe controversial opinion: Thrash metal is usually pretty meh. I mean there are good bands and all (like Coroner) but I'm hardly ever in the mood for it. Most bands that are some kind of hybrid with thrash like death/thrash and black/thrash are usually at their worst when they emphasize on the thrash elements.

Maybe controversial opinion: Thrash metal is usually pretty meh. I mean there are good bands and all (like Coroner) but I'm hardly ever in the mood for it. Most bands that are some kind of hybrid with thrash like death/thrash and black/thrash are usually at their worst when they emphasize on the thrash elements.

What kind of death/thrash or black/thrash are you referring to?

Yeah, Thrash is my least favorite of the major genres. I never have the urge to put on even the greats. Like, I saw Nuclear Assault last year and didn't give one fucking fuck about it. I wandered around with friends and acted a fool during their set.

Game Over is appropriately rated. I'd also say their following albums are overrated except it's been such a long time that I might have been wrong on there. I still tend to like the punkier and crossover stuff the least of all thrash styles, but some of it has warmed on me a little.

Yeah, Thrash is my least favorite of the major genres. I never have the urge to put on even the greats.

Same. I also don't like it bleeding into other genres. Even 'blackened thrash' sets off alarm bells when I hear the 'genre' mentioned.

Although next year I'll probably be extolling thrash's virtues, the way I'm going lately.