Controversial opinions on metal

I love Cryptic Writings, i think it's better than everything they've done since.

I've been thinking about this album recently, and you might be correct at least until Endgame or Dystopia. I will have to listen again in the context of all their other albums. I can say that CTE doesn't hit me like it used to so that may slip in my list..

Possibly controversial(?): Walpurgisnacht is the best bm-album from Greece.

I was huge on Greek BM a few years ago, meaning RC, Necromantia and Varathron. I relistened to all the "classic" albums by the bands, and I agree Varathron is the best. Rotting Christ only got better and Necromantia is shit.

Tbh, the Greek bm album I cant stop listening to is Spectral Lore's III

You actually block people?

wtf. Yes, only one person though. So?

I'd rather block people than "report" them(which is what most you pansies here do) like a little bitch.

You think TWNaH is over produced and has a weird vocal effect on Dave's voice? Okay...

Unless i'm missing something, your quote that i said agreed with was this ...

"There is some quality guitar work by the new guy scattered around but that's all the album has for me."

no? That statement can easily be applied to TWNAH.

edit: But yes, i think it is indeed overproduced. That doesn't really bother me much though.

Last edited:
wtf. Yes, only one person though. So?

I'd rather block people than "report" them(which is what most you pansies here do) like a little bitch.

Unless i'm missing something, your quote that i said agreed with was this ...

"There is some quality guitar work by the new guy scattered around but that's all the album has for me."

no? That statement can easily be applied to TWNAH.

edit: But yes, i think it is indeed overproduced. That doesn't really bother me much though.

Ah ok. So you couldn't see what Omni wrote even when I quoted it. Huh. Omni said it was overproduced and his voice had a weird effect on it, which I agreed with. I pointed out one high point on the album however.

I don't know what that "you pansies" comment was in reference to, but I've never clicked the Report button.

Because unlike Sabbat and your other favorite meme-thrash bands, Megadeth at their best actually had great riffs.

meme-thrash?

I feel like you're on the wrong board to be bashing Sabbat (this is more than once I've noticed) but the right board to do it might actually ban you for it. Take your shots where they're allowed I guess.

I've never been much of a fan of Megadeth but I suppose I "get it" and I even own a couple of their early albums. Killing is my Business would be my favorite if I could find a first press that didn't have the butchered and censored version of "These Boots" or it omitted completely, which bothers me because I know it's supposed to be there...

This is all off topic any way...

Because unlike Sabbat and your other favorite meme-thrash bands, Megadeth at their best actually had great riffs.

Find all of my posts about Sabbat. Oh, there are none. You love making shit up when people don't have the same opinions as you.

I actually do like some Megadeth albums. That doesn't change the fact that their recent output is more vigorously defended in most circles than most other old thrash acts without any real justification.

Re: Megadeth, I'd go like this
1. RIP
2. Peace Sells
3. Endgame
4. KIMB
5. So Far, ...
6. Youthanasia
7. United Abominations
8. Countdown To Extinction
9. Cryptic Writings
10. The World Needs A Hero
11. Th1rteen
12. The System Has Failed
13. Super Collider
14. Risk

Reactions: Baroque
lol, apparently I confused Dodens' post in the top 3 thrash thread with yours. Regardless, you consider Breaking the Silence a top 3 thrash album, so that still invalidates any opinion you hold on early Megadeth being incomprehensibly overrated.

lol, apparently I confused Dodens' post in the top 3 thrash thread with yours. Regardless, you consider Breaking the Silence a top 3 thrash album, so that still invalidates any opinion you hold on early Megadeth being incomprehensibly overrated.

Where did I say that specifically early Megadeth was overrated? Let me know. I said they were overrated in general. Their later music is quite warmly received for no real reason despite it often being quite questionable, this album included.

Also, no offense to you because you probably lack the capacity to do this yourself, but it's really easy for me to separate my favorite things from things that I think are more important and potentially better than them.

Reactions: CiG