Controversial opinions on metal

I find that opinion to be pretty acceptable in regards to the full careers of both bands.

I find that opinion to be pretty acceptable in regards to the full careers of both bands.
As do I. But if you try telling that to a Maiden fan? Good luck disentangling yourself from the ceaseless barrage of rustled jimmies and text walls of incoherent gibberish laced with more Spanish profanity than your average living room in Madrid when the press releases the latest national economic reports.

If you're saying what I think you are, then pretty much. Albums like Killers, the eponymous debut, Powerslave are proof of their being one of the greatest ever, but when you get into how well they've been doing for the last 20 years, at least in terms of albums? Jesus Christ, it's awful. The Book of Souls gives me some hope though. Motörhead on the other hand, continually and almost inexplicably released great album after great album for essentially their entire 40 year run (with the exception of March Ör Die and maybe Snake Bite Love I suppose).

I kinda like March or Die. Surely not the worst $5 album I've bought.
I like it a lot. The only reason I don't favor it as much is because it doesn't quite stand up to the extraordinary bar of quality set by the veritable panoply of great albums that precede and succeed it.