Controversial opinions on metal

Bite the Pain is the weakest track, imo. I like Scavenger of Human Sorrow, Flesh and the Power it Holds, To Forgive is to Suffer(pro-Christian propaganda?:lol:) and Moment of Clarity the most. Voice of the Soul is good too.

It's like an over-the top verse chorus- happy retread of Unquestionable Presence, but whatever, it's fun.

Sorry, I'm just not buying it.In order to understand the way many
extreme metal albums are structured, you need to learn to appreciate the production on those albums. Only then will something that may sound initially like amorphous noise emerge
as well-written music. It seems to me that you're simply choosing albums that sound aesthetically pleasing to your ears.
With all sincerity though, we all do this "natural selection" of sorts, even if we don't always openly admit it to ourselves.
I know that. Before I listened to any Death Metal it all just seemed to be noise, but going backwards through Deaths discography has slowly trained my ears to recognize more and more what makes a death metal song great. Also for a controversial opinion, Death does not have a single bad song in their discography.

Human is better than Symbolic and TSOP. Spiritual Healing is the best death. END

Sorry, I'm just not buying it.In order to understand the way many
extreme metal albums are structured, you need to learn to appreciate the production on those albums. Only then will something that may sound initially like amorphous noise emerge as well-written music. It seems to me that you're simply choosing albums that sound aesthetically pleasing to your ears.
With all sincerity though, we all do this "natural selection" of sorts, even if we don't always openly admit it to ourselves.

What do you mean by production - recording quality, wall of sound, or both? I'm pretty sure recording quality is a miniscule factor in my reaction to a band. As I said, I enjoy Blessed Are the Sick, as well as the early works of Bathory, Darkthrone and Bolt Thrower.

If you're referring to wall of sound, you may have an argument. I find it off-putting when an album is severely lacking in rhythmicity and dynamics. Such music seems to have more in common with ambient music than with rock. And in general I tend to find rock music more artistically respectable than ambient music.

False. All of Human is bad

I wouldn't call it bad really, just mediocre.

Death Metal grunts sound better than the old Floridian Death Vomit style(as ohiogrinder told me t was called).
So what's The Sound of Perseverance like? It's the only Death at my local FYE.

So what's The Sound of Perseverance like? It's the only Death at my local FYE.
Chucks voice is way higher. You might like it, you might not, but you should listen to some samples first, as he's pretty much the same throughout. The style he has is also one of the most technical and progressive, and is considered wank by its detractors, so if you're one of the people who hates anything that comes close to wank, you probably won't like it. Other than that it's pretty much just what you'd expect from Death.